Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
1qwerty said:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/duo-set-for-rochdale-run-out.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/d ... n-out.html</a>

don't think so ... not if he's playing for Everton on Saturday

Everton FC said:
Joleon Lescott could be set to return to action when the Blues take on Rochdale on Saturday.

Everton FC said:
both players could be in line to turn out

Could is the key word, I think he may well travel but not play, lets see. This deal does appear to be getting closer now. You can only give a club so long to sort there replacements out, we want him building an understanding with his new team mates for as long as possible before Blackburn.

I find the replacement thing a bit weird.

1. Why do they need time to find a replacement? This is pre season. It's not like taking him early will mean they have no defence for a number of games

2. What happens if they don't find a replacement?

Unless it's just a case of Everton wanting to have somebody lined up to keep the fans from complaining.

Dubai Blue said:
Rammy Blue said:
smiles said:
Any developments with this one? It seems to have gone a bit quiet? Are we waiting for Everton to sign Naughton?
i fully believe what was written the other day about us having a decent relationship with Everton and that we have agreed to hold back on official signing and announcements until they have got their replacements signed.
It would certainly explain the Jo move. Otherwise it would have been madness to just give up a player they wanted whilst still negotiating over one of there's that we wanted.

If they wanted Jo, it should've been stipulated that it only happens as part of a deal for Lescott. And I believe this is what has happened.

maybe it was a case of we wanted him gone more than they wanted him?

zeusbheld said:
Dubai Blue said:
Rammy Blue said:
smiles said:
Any developments with this one? It seems to have gone a bit quiet? Are we waiting for Everton to sign Naughton?
i fully believe what was written the other day about us having a decent relationship with Everton and that we have agreed to hold back on official signing and announcements until they have got their replacements signed.
It would certainly explain the Jo move. Otherwise it would have been madness to just give up a player they wanted whilst still negotiating over one of there's that we wanted.

If they wanted Jo, it should've been stipulated that it only happens as part of a deal for Lescott. And I believe this is what has happened.

maybe it was a case of we wanted him gone more than they wanted him?
There is that, of course :-(

Various ITK's have claimed that Lescott is a done deal. The same was said about RSC and Tevez and we had to wait a long time before they signed.

I think we just have to patient on this one.

twinkletoes said:
Various ITK's have claimed that Lescott is a done deal. The same was said about RSC and Tevez and we had to wait a long time before they signed.

I think we just have to patient on this one.

Lets hope so, this guy will make a massive difference to our team

Lescott is ours!

Just spoken to someone i know connected with City and the Lescott deal is done, 100%, Jo is part of the deal but Everton have asked us not too announce it until they have a replacement!

Just to let you know how much i trust this, I would literally place everything i own on a bet that he will come!

Re: Lescott is ours!

Bojinov The Bull said:
Just spoken to someone i know connected with City and the Lescott deal is done, 100%, Jo is part of the deal but Everton have asked us not too announce it until they have a replacement!

Just to let you know how much i trust this, I would literally place everything i own on a bet that he will come!

even your balls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.