Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear!

I've not been on here for a while as there's been no "progress" on the Lescott situation and thought i'd check back to see what was your lots thoughts on this... and guess what your still as misinformed as ever!

Everton are not "skint" as many of you keep saying. Yeah we've not got bags of cash to spend, but we dont have to sell anyone. Were not in a dire financial situation, were not about to go bust, and we do have some money to spend on transfers (ok yeah not as much as city obviously). Our income and relatively low outgoings mean we are a self suffienct club... i.e. not a club that has to sell to stay afloat!

Its like you lot think Bill Kenwrights camped outside Sparky's house, cap in hand saying "please Mr Hughes take Lescott from us, we cant afford to pay our leccy bill". Honestly I think you lot need a reality check!

Ok lets look at the reasons why £15m wouldn't be enough to sell Lescott...

1) He's 2 players - our 1st choice CB and our reserve LB. So if we're to replace him we need to buy a CB for roughly £10m and a reserve LB for roughly £5m... leaving nothing spare... so answer me a question... why would we sell him for £15m? How is that of any benefit to us?
2) He's formed a formidable partnership at the back with Jagielka... why would we break this up for a deal thats not beneficial to us?
3) Lescott HAS NOT submitted a transfer request! If one person can show me even one slight bit of evidence that he has then please prove me wrong!

You laughed cause DSOB said it would cost £25m-£30m to get him, and although I wouldn't go as high as £30m, I certainly wouldn't expect him to go for any less then £22m. Yeah he's not worth that in terms of ability, but there's a difference in value to ability and worth to a club. To us Lescotts worth £20m, if City want him they'll have to pay us what he's worth to us, not what he'd be valued at on footy manager.

City fans seem to think that clubs will just roll over because they're "The mighty city" with all their wealth and power. Well your wrong and this has been proven many times already(although most fans on here seem to forget this).

Oh and why should he come out and state publicly that he has no intention of joining City? Why should any player? I've never heard Fabragas say this when he's been linked with Barca over the last 3 years and he's still at Arsenal. Has JT come out and say he doesn't want to join City? Not that I know of but i'd put my house on it that he wont be at City come the start of the season. Lescott wont force a transfer, he wont ask for one, he will only be sold if City offer stupid money for him. My personal opinion is you will offer stupid money, and you will get him. However touch base with reality from time to time please and stop being so bloody arrogant!

Every player has their price, if City want Lescott they'll have to pay our price, not their own valuation.

ToffeeAndy said:

I've not been on here for a while as there's been no "progress" on the Lescott situation and thought i'd check back to see what was your lots thoughts on this... and guess what your still as misinformed as ever!

Everton are not "skint" as many of you keep saying. Yeah we've not got bags of cash to spend, but we dont have to sell anyone. Were not in a dire financial situation, were not about to go bust, and we do have some money to spend on transfers (ok yeah not as much as city obviously). Our income and relatively low outgoings mean we are a self suffienct club... i.e. not a club that has to sell to stay afloat!

Its like you lot think Bill Kenwrights camped outside Sparky's house, cap in hand saying "please Mr Hughes take Lescott from us, we cant afford to pay our leccy bill". Honestly I think you lot need a reality check!

1) He's 2 players - our 1st choice CB and our reserve LB. So if we're to replace him we need to buy a CB for roughly £10m and a reserve LB for roughly £5m... leaving nothing spare... so answer me a question... why would we sell him for £15m? How is that of any benefit to us?
2) He's formed a formidable partnership at the back with Jagielka... why would we break this up for a deal thats not beneficial to us?
3) Lescott HAS NOT submitted a transfer request! If one person can show me even one slight bit of evidence that he has then please prove me wrong!

You laughed cause DSOB said it would cost £25m-£30m to get him, and although I wouldn't go as high as £30m, I certainly wouldn't expect him to go for any less then £22m. Yeah he's not worth that in terms of ability, but there's a difference in value to ability and worth to a club. To us Lescotts worth £20m, if City want him they'll have to pay us what he's worth to us, not what he'd be valued at on footy manager.

City fans seem to think that clubs will just roll over because they're "The mighty city" with all their wealth and power. Well your wrong and this has been proven many times already(although most fans on here seem to forget this).

Oh and why should he come out and state publicly that he has no intention of joining City? Why should any player? I've never heard Fabragas say this when he's been linked with Barca over the last 3 years and he's still at Arsenal. Has JT come out and say he doesn't want to join City? Not that I know of but i'd put my house on it that he wont be at City come the start of the season. Lescott wont force a transfer, he wont ask for one, he will only be sold if City offer stupid money for him. My personal opinion is you will offer stupid money, and you will get him. However touch base with reality from time to time please and stop being so bloody arrogant!

Every player has their price, if City want Lescott they'll have to pay our price, not their own valuation.

Yeah and you're overpricing him.

If you have the money, spend it. We don't care what people think.

ToffeeAndy said:

Its gonna happen mate. £18-20 million and it will be a done deal. Next week I think.

ToffeeAndy said:

Why can't you outbid Spurs for two championship players?

lc-mcfc said:
ToffeeAndy said:

Yeah and you're overpricing him.

If you have the money, spend it. We don't care what people think.

Of course were overpricing him. He's worth far more to the club then his actual playing ability. Also one point I forgot to mention is that Jagielka will miss some of the season too as he's out injured... another reason why Lescott and the stability at the back he brings is vitally important to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.