Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: official move for Lescott today...

Im an everton fan, and yes, Lescott is a fucking legend. Those that underrate him, don't. Hughes will have made a good signing if it comes off. Shame that we're skint...

Mongy said:
Im an everton fan, and yes, Lescott is a fucking legend. Those that underrate him, don't. Hughes will have made a good signing if it comes off. Shame that we're skint...
Do you think he'll stay or leave?

Also Moyes said Rodwell will play a big part in Everton's defense next year but isnt he a midfielder?

At least we'll be a threat from set pieces with him and RSC next year

sam the drummer said:
Mongy said:
Do you think he'll stay or leave?

Also Moyes said Rodwell will play a big part in Everton's defense next year but isnt he a midfielder?

Personally I think out of all the people in our team (maybe bar Yakubu) he's the one who'd probably jump at the chance to join a "project" like yours. Rodwell has played CB all through the academy until last season where we played him just infront of the back 4 - I'd have no worries sticking Rodwell in there for Lescott (the guy is class)

alera said:
Richards is shit at centre back. Shit in the air, terrible positional awareness. He is a right back plain and simple thats why he is back there. Fabio has made it very clear he is not good enough to play at centre half for England.

Lescott is a good quality left footed centre back that gets goals from defence. Be a quality signing for us we have needed a left sided central defender for years. Can also cover at left back if required.

£18 million is a bit rich but then again so is £17.5 million for Glen Johnson. Going rate for quality english international defenders.

Personally I think £8 million and Jo would be a better deal for us but they probably just want the cash.

This

I'll cry if Ned doesn't play a major role next season.

I know there is no room for sentiment but he's a top lad and I really want him to succeed with us. Not only is he a good lad but I think he's a very good player, well capable of becoming an England regular.

Lescott though fills the description I gave to what should be our next target (left footed centre half who can play left back too) so he'd be a good signing. The figures being quoted alarm me but I suppose that's the going rate these days. Good player, not world class by a long way but saying we finished 10th we don't need world class to move us on.

(Any chance I could have that PM please?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.