Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Petetheblu said:
Pabbers said:
Agreed mate.

I like reading this board at the moment, proper exciting times for you, enjoy it.

Its the same pre-season for us, linked with the odd cracker that could push us closer to the top 4, which is our aim. But our problem is cash, we aint got any, so frustrating, great manager, he needs the chance to push on, and get that top level player.

If we had 1/100 of you wealth, we would be fine.

But back to Lescott.....you c an have him "he's shit anyway"..... :)!

Hahahaha...I didn't know we were in for him!!!!!

Your right I think you'd had a very good manager that's been able to work with what Everton gave him, I really wanted him to come to City after the great job he did for Preston. I think that's been the big differences between our two clubs pre take over.

Personelly I think Hughes wants Lescott because he wants proven Premiership players and a chance to weaken another rival team, it's not a bad idea but I doubt Moyes won't spend the money to shabby and will probably end up with someone who's not to behind JL...

I agree. In an ideal world, we would not need to sell Lescott, and would be able to turn any bid down....and would have had Moutinho playing for us now, and would have signed Defour last week....we will end up Hunt, and Alan Smith....!!

Ah well, what can you do ?? Just keep on pressing F5 on Skyports.com, and day dreaming that we sign someone....anyone....without Spurs being in for them...!

You must buy Lescott, good move for you and him, massive step forward from Dunne and TBH, lets be honest., and like you say, would weaken us....like the Barry deal weakened Villa.

Darker shade of Blue said:
Just read the last 10 pages ( last page exempt ) and granted , a lot of kids will be posting on a Sunday afternoon , but starting to wonder if some of you guys actually understand football and the needs of a football team .

Your defence is rubbish . Accept it and move on .

City offered over £100 million FOR A PLAYER YOU DID NOT NEED and you are whining about paying a fraction of that for a player capable of filling a position in your squad that is VITAL FOR YOUR NEEDS .

You LOST 18 matches last year , and yet your fans were more excited about getting Eto'o on your books than you are a top class left footed defender , who is part of one of the best defensive partnerships in the world .

Your attitude should be something upon the lines of ' We don't care what he costs - we desperately need him - GET HIM NOW !

Everton lost 9 Prem matches last year , and only lost 4 matches ( 3 in the Prem and 1 in the FA final ) in the whole of 2009 , despite playing Arsenal once , United twice , Villa twice , Chelsea twice , and Liverpool 3 times in 2009 .
They also did it with an injured squad and a thread bared strike force . We lost 4 of those 9 Prem games in our first 8 matches . In the following 30 matches , we only lost 5 .

Why ?
Could it be because our defensive players are 2nd to none ?

People talk about Vidic and Ferdinand being the best , but that is nonsense in my opinion .
Those defenders had a Manchester United team infront of them containing many of the top players in the game .
Everton don't .

This is why we don't want to disrupt our defence , and why we will not accept offers unless it is hugely beneficial to our club .
This is why you should stop laughing at prices like £30 mill , and realise that this £30 mill could be the difference between success and failure for your whole team .

You let 50 Prem goals in last season and 22 Cup goals .

Go figure what your priority signings are . :o)

wrong fucking forum, you are looking for impoverishedbindippers@fuckpigwank.com

Just read the last 10 pages ( last page exempt ) and granted , a lot of kids will be posting on a Sunday afternoon , but starting to wonder if some of you guys actually understand football and the needs of a football team .

City offered over £100 million FOR A PLAYER YOU DID NOT NEED and you are whining about paying a fraction of that for a player capable of filling a position in your squad that is VITAL FOR YOUR NEEDS .

You LOST 18 matches last year , and yet your fans were more excited about getting Eto'o on your books than you are a top class left footed defender , who is part of one of the best defensive partnerships in the world .

Your attitude should be something upon the lines of ' We don't care what he costs - we desperately need him - GET HIM NOW !

Everton lost 9 Prem matches last year , and only lost 4 matches ( 3 in the Prem and 1 in the FA final ) in the whole of 2009 , despite playing Arsenal once , United twice , Villa twice , Chelsea twice , and Liverpool 3 times in 2009 .
They also did it with an injured squad and a thread bared strike force . We lost 4 of those 9 Prem games in our first 8 matches . In the following 30 matches , we only lost 5 .

Why ?

People talk about Vidic and Ferdinand being the best , but that is nonsense in my opinion .
Those defenders had a Manchester United team infront of them containing many of the top players in the game .
Everton don't .

This is why we don't want to disrupt our defence , and why we will not accept offers unless it is hugely beneficial to our club .
This is why you should stop laughing at prices like £30 mill , and realise that this £30 mill could be the difference between success and failure for your whole team .

You are clearly overrating the individual qualities of your defensive unit. Everton is more of a system, a collective unit, and we have no idea if one of their individual players will be nearly as good in another team. If we go for Bruno Alves and Darijo Srna for 30-35m combined, we will be much better than paying 30m alone for Lescott.

dom said:
Pabbers,
a generous sentiment M8

Have to confess to a bit of a soft spot for the toffees

I remember that Everton side that elbowed a mighty LIDS UTD (Bremner and co) out of the way (1970 ?) to take the eague title

Ball, Royle , Kendall etc ...intersting how all 3 were subsequently involved with City..

Also loved it when you beat the Rags in the FA Cup final (1995 ??).

I hope more and more prem clubs get a rich sugar daddy as the prime target for everybody has got to be beaking up the arrogant 'sky 4's

stranglehold on everything..

Good luck for the season to you , DSOB and the rest..

get on line before the next toffees game at Eastlands and I'm sure the BM gang will make you welcome at a M'cr watering hole LOL

The 2 clubs are similar in so many ways.

That 70's team should have gone on to win so much more than the 1 league title.....70' was a strange decade, so many different winners.

I do enjoy our games, I know a few City lads, decent lads ive known for years that go everywhere, ive been with them on occasions.

Im sure you will finish above us, but lets hope we keep the consistancy going, and we ar as hard to beat as we were last season.

Somud said:

Why ?

Everton don't .

You are clearly overrating the individual qualities of your defensive unit. Everton is more of a system, a collective unit, and we have no idea if one of their individual players will be nearly as good in another team. If we go for Bruno Alves and Darijo Srna for 30-35m combined, we will be much better than paying 30m alone for Lescott.

It's more a case of stating why you won't get him for much less . If you agree Everton are a unit , then understand that we don't want to break that unit up , unless we can properly repair it , and improve on it .

Why ?

Everton don't .

Hahahaha!!!! Good post mate, but I thought we were buying Eto'o to sure up the defence? :)

The thing is Bluemoon is open to ALL ages, so it's bound to get more interest for top strikers rather than top defenders. I should imagine that most young fans of all the prem teams will more interested in the fire power than denfenders.

I said it earlier and I will say it again....We should go ALL out to get the best defence available to us at all cost or else we will have a hard time...Defence is the Key.

Mark Hughes has already started with defence minded players in Barry (which will allow Kompany to drop back into a CB role) and also it could be said to a lesser amount Tevez, as Tevez will always track back and work hard to harass the opposition...But we still need at least another Defender or two.

Perhap we should try and buy that great defender Messi from Barca!!! :)

Petetheblu said:

Why ?

Everton don't .

Hahahaha!!!! Good post mate, but I thought we were buying Eto'o to sure up the defence? :)

The thing is Bluemoon is open to ALL ages, so it's bound to get more interest for top strikers rather than top defenders. I should imagine that most young fans of all the prem teams will more interested in the fire power than denfenders.

I said it earlier and I will say it again....We should go ALL out to get the best defence available to us at all cost or else we will have a hard time...Defence is the Key.

Mark Hughes has already started with defence minded players in Barry (which will allow Kompany to drop back into a CB role) and also it could be said to a lesser amount Tevez, as Tevez will always track back and work hard to harass the opposition...But we still need at least another Defender or two.

Would Torres , Villa , Raul and Van Persie be happy having Messi directly behind them between the sticks Pete ? :P

Petetheblu said:

Would Torres , Villa , Raul and Van Persie be happy having Messi directly behind them between the sticks Pete ? :P

Well to be honest he did jump higher than lob gob to score that header in the champions league final....Mwamwaaahahahaha!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.