Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
stu9488 said:
Sam Eto's P45 said:
Hi Stu thanks for the info.Christ this is dragging on eh? Have you been involved with a saga like this before? Just wondered if you could back up Spursmads earlier posts, is this it for this window or are there any surprises on the way? Don't want to appear greedy, or get you in trouble, just curious :) Cheers mate

Even if there was I wouldn't know about it. The only point at which I would know is when we get asked to make a valuation and receive information on a player. I was involved in the Tevez saga that dragged on for ages, we recieved his info in April and it dragged on for ever. I think patience is needed with this one, its a tricky one to deal with!

Cheers mate fingers crossed for Thursday then.

Millennium said:
I do not understand why MH is insisting on Lescot?

Why can't we just move on and buy another player?

Does he worth more than 18m? What is his real value in the market?

£18M is about right I think. Rio was nearly double that 7 years ago. He's just signed a new deal at Everton which will bump his price a little more, plus the City tax, plus he's English tax, plus Everton wanting more to cover the sell on fee Wolves will get.

Lescott is left footed which makes him much more important to us that a lot of the other defenders that have been linked with us. Upson is left footed also but is over 30 now. Lescott ticks all the boxes so has deserved this extra effort we're putting into the deal. He's fast, English (CL quota down the line) and a proven Premiership defender. Right behind Rio and JT for England.

I pray this is concluded this week, giving us the final week of the window to suss out any other potential buys. I can only see us getting one more if Petrov leaves or a real big name becomes a possibility.

stony said:
EFCJONO said:
Cheers Fella, read that wrong. There is rumours on NSNO that City will be in for Arteta in January. Couldn't have this again.

That sounds like City fans on the WUM. I think we'd have bid for him now if we wanted him.

Probably right mate. Life is hard at mo being an EFC fan, I'm just glad the Redshite got beat as well. Incidently Lescott did not even acknowledge the fans on Saturday. Some booed but were drowned out by those singing his name. Nothing, not even a wave.

nmc said:
As I see it the options seem to be:

£22m cash
£18m plus Dunne
£12m plus Jo
£30m plus TBH (TIC)

Personally I'd go for the £12m plus Jo.

Is this just your own valuations or is there a source?

EFCJONO said:
stony said:
That sounds like City fans on the WUM. I think we'd have bid for him now if we wanted him.

Probably right mate. Life is hard at mo being an EFC fan, I'm just glad the Redshite got beat as well. Incidently Lescott did not even acknowledge the fans on Saturday. Some booed but were drowned out by those singing his name. Nothing, not even a wave.

pretty poor that by the lad

wish this deal would happen sooner rather than later, im getting abit board of it now and every time everton lose they will blame us for it:( makeing us look like diks

EFCJONO said:
stony said:

I hate it when players do that, its not the supporters who made this situation players should well remember that.

blueblood007 said:
wish this deal would happen sooner rather than later, im getting abit board of it now and every time everton lose they will blame us for it:( makeing us look like diks
but it doesn't lol

Protest against Mr. Kenwright and Everton board being organized across Everton forums, alleging failure to lead (that's the essence of it in reality).

Got nothing against Everton as an institution. Can't stand the other lot though, ugh, they smell like rancid baby poo.

Can we just stop hammering Everton and taking the piss? Schadenfreude is not us (unless it's the creatures from the Black Lagoon, or the French).

blueblood007 said:

How ? if everton keep losing and blaming us then we have done some excellent work without spending a penny ! how does that make us look like dicks ? If that tactic works we should bid on a player from every team in the division and just keep dragging it out, we would win the league and we wont have spent much either lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.