Lescott or K.Toure?

MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
Another solid performance from Lescott... easily MOTM today
I'm pretty sure he handed them their two best chances on a plate

His passing was better today, but the real problem, as I see it, is that VK is much better as the left hand of the pair. He is always seems to of find ways to get into trouble on the right. Yes, he's more than capable of working his way out of danger, but it's surely better to be secure in the first place.

It's gotta be Toure for me.

Once Lescott has played at-least 3-4 more games, then we might have a better idea who is better suited to partner Kompany.

Seems a little harsh on Lescott. I've never been keen on him at left back and now he's only had a few games at centre half, where it is important to build a partnership. I spent many years playing as a very amateurish centre half and so as a fully paid up member of the union can only say that all CHs make mistakes and sometimes score own goals. But the bond that you have with your partner becomes the rock of the team, at any level that you play at.

I'd also say that Boateng and Kolorov need time to adjust. Defending is always the most difficult to adapt to in a new team and a new league. As ever, big love for Pab and the [still young] Micah. We still need Kolo, btw, on many levels. Hugs all round. CTID

Lescott for me still cant escape a rising sense of panic everytime Toure gets anywhere near the ball plus at least Lescott can win a ball in the air ffs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.