Lescott?

standupefc said:
Not wanting to sound a gloating bastard but how's he performed for City I don't know due to not watching many of your matches live?. I thought that boyata was excellent and Toure was always pretty decent. I was personally quite pleased with his transfer as I thought he spent far too much time looking at the floor with his head down. How do city fans rate him a flop , a decent signing never thought to ask.
Well, it's hard to get a true opinion on him because he's been injured so much. However he looks a little clumsy and cumbersome when someone is running at him - might disappear with match sharpness. Gets turned and beaten too easily really. He's at his best heading the ball, getting blocks in, sort of a back to the wall defender, a bit like Richard Dunne was.

He looked his best playing with Kompany (as do all our centre-backs strangely enough), they had a decent partnership at one point last season, only lasted a few games until he got injured again.

So, flop would be harsh, but he's not been value for money yet either. Don't think he ever will be with the ridiculous sum we paid.

Not worried tbh. Lescott, like almost the rest of our team is a player who raises his game for the big games.
Last season against Arsenal at home he was immense, and in both Chelsea games he was too.
I rate an on form Lescott quite highly. With the 3 man midfield ahead of him, he should be fine.

The weakest link for me. Hopefully Kolo is back but if not then play Boyata there.

quality player, but only at CB.

tonight though he constantly looked shaky with the ball, i got nervous when he got it and didn't know what he was gonna do, he got skinned about 4 times in the second half tonight far too easily.

I think if Kolo is still out for sunday, he will remain at CB with Kompany coming back in.

Looked poor tonight, got megged several times, got beaten numerous times, I'm not convinced by him, Boyata looked a class above all the other defenders tonight, but our 2nd string defence as a unit was really poor tonight, especially 2nd half.

4th average performance with a good result, we're making a habit out of this lol.

pee dubya said:
standupefc said:
Not wanting to sound a gloating bastard but how's he performed for City I don't know due to not watching many of your matches live?. I thought that boyata was excellent and Toure was always pretty decent. I was personally quite pleased with his transfer as I thought he spent far too much time looking at the floor with his head down. How do city fans rate him a flop , a decent signing never thought to ask.
Well, it's hard to get a true opinion on him because he's been injured so much. However he looks a little clumsy and cumbersome when someone is running at him - might disappear with match sharpness. Gets turned and beaten too easily really. He's at his best heading the ball, getting blocks in, sort of a back to the wall defender, a bit like Richard Dunne was.

He looked his best playing with Kompany (as do all our centre-backs strangely enough), they had a decent partnership at one point last season, only lasted a few games until he got injured again.

So, flop would be harsh, but he's not been value for money yet either. Don't think he ever will be with the ridiculous sum we paid.

I really didn't like the way we went about buying Lescott - hat it been another club doing the same to us this forum would have been as busy with people complaining as it has been the last two days with Rooney threads. I'm glad in a way that he hasn't been a great buy for us - I know it sounds a bit odd but I really didn't like the way we ignored Everton and Moyes' requests to leave Lescott alone as they didn't want to sell him. We just ignored him and bullied our way to a signing.
I'm all for a bit of haggling and playing the game - but I think we crossed the line with this one and I don't want City to be known as a club that have to use tactics like we did to get our man. Had it been the rags trying to prise Kompany from us - which is a similar scenario as Moyes saw him as a significant part of his defence and did not, under any circumstances, want him to go - I would imagine a Bluemoon meltdown!!

He wasn't great again tonight - not like Zabaleta - it's too easy not to notice just how well he plays at times as he does everything so naturally and doesn't make a fuss - just gets on with his job and I think his input and effort gets overlooked a lot of the time as he makes it look so easy.

I think the Everton fans can look at his City performances in general and think they got a hell of a lot more money for him than he's been worth to us!!

I have to agree a bit on that. Hughes did put some shame upon us by that transfer, also the santa one was poor. Not only because he is injured all the time, but you just knew Hughes HAD TO HAVE HIM, no matter the cost. Those two where madness buys that no matter what, he would have thrown everything at them to get them. I doubt it will happen again, and thank fook for that.

I think he's looked fine at left back, he gets forward ok, but looks poor at centre back, his positioning is awful at times, Boyata dug him out more than once tonight. He also looks damned uncomfortable when he's having to use the ball from the centre.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.