lesser competitions

YourBirdCanSing said:
fathellensbellend said:
now that mancini has shown his contempt for lesser competitions i ask is it worth actually bothering to attend in the future.

is it feasible that city progress to say the last 16 of the europa league, but are also challenging for fourth, that mancini will then choose to throw the europa league in pursuit of the champions league spot.

martin oneill did the very same thing with aston villa, and from that day things were never the same for martin oneill.

i think as paying fans we deserve to know what the managers intentions are, as to save us a lot of time and money.

last night really went against the spirit of football for me, and actually left me questioning the actual point of going to future cup games.

i would sooner win the league cup than finish fourth, and i would sooner win nothing but treat the game in the right spirit rather than that insult last night.

modern football may be about pound notes to football clubs, but to the fans who travel up and down the country a shot at glory is all we ask for, if we cannot be arsed with that then whats the point.

I think this is right.

From the Official Site:

"I knew that there was a chance we would lose with six young players, but we did want to win. Saturday is more important, but if I had not so many players injured, I would have put out a stronger side."

Let's be clear. Saturday isn't more important to the fans. Finishing 4th is important, but a proper run in the Carling Cup would have been fantastic. It's more important to a guy who has to finish 4th or lose his job. So I think there's every chance he might make the same calculation with the Europa League later on, if the same circumstances with injuries arise.

He's not being honest when he says: "Saturday is more important." Losing to Chelsea (which most City fans expect anyway) will cost us a small bit of ground in the race for 4th, with many, many twists and turns in the league still to come.

"More important?" To who, exactly?

More important to the owner as he sets the target. If it was "win the Carling Cup" he would set his selection strategy to field the strongest side in the CC. So it might be important to you but it isn't to the guy spending his millions on your club.

home ties only for me from now on, i'm not putting myself through that again, a shit night watching a shit match with a shit result. can't believe after all these years i'm even thinking like this.

well done bob.

de niro said:
home ties only for me from now on, i'm not putting myself through that again, a shit night watching a shit match with a shit result. can't believe after all these years i'm even thinking like this.

well done bob.

Ditto.

Having watched the last 35 years of cup failures and hardly missed any of them, at least I never felt as conned as I did last night.

All the club had to do was warn us, and I wouldn't have wasted £100, got home at 2am and feeling thoroughly depressed.

I understand the logical arguments about prioroitsing, but why not share that view with the mugs that followed them?

I don't really give a shit that Mancini allegedly shows contempt towards his playing staff, but I do resent him treating the supporters with contempt.

Mancini lost an awful lot of goodwill last night, just at a time when he needs it the most.

Oh, and by the way, you looked very natty in that maroon shirt!

de niro said:

well done bob.

You'll come to your senses soon enough................in the mean time i'll remind you of what you posted last night below ;)

de niro said:
got back 10 mins ago, do i regret going?do i fuck, bring on chelsea.

Danamy said:
de niro said:

well done bob.

You'll come to your senses soon enough................in the mean time i'll remind you of what you posted last night below ;)

de niro said:
got back 10 mins ago, do i regret going?do i fuck, bring on chelsea.

that was before the indication bob had permission to bomb out of this cup.

Gelsons Dad said:
YourBirdCanSing said:
I think this is right.

From the Official Site:

"I knew that there was a chance we would lose with six young players, but we did want to win. Saturday is more important, but if I had not so many players injured, I would have put out a stronger side."

Let's be clear. Saturday isn't more important to the fans. Finishing 4th is important, but a proper run in the Carling Cup would have been fantastic. It's more important to a guy who has to finish 4th or lose his job. So I think there's every chance he might make the same calculation with the Europa League later on, if the same circumstances with injuries arise.

He's not being honest when he says: "Saturday is more important." Losing to Chelsea (which most City fans expect anyway) will cost us a small bit of ground in the race for 4th, with many, many twists and turns in the league still to come.

"More important?" To who, exactly?

More important to the owner as he sets the target. If it was "win the Carling Cup" he would set his selection strategy to field the strongest side in the CC. So it might be important to you but it isn't to the guy spending his millions on your club.

No-one can say with any authority that Sheikh Mansour was happy to sacrifice the Carling Cup. He owned us last season, when we fielded full-strength teams out all the way to the semis. Why wasn't Hughes instructed to rest 'bigger' players, if the owner saw the Carling cup as a waste of time? (It was more likely to get in the way of our push for 4th last season, when the squad had less quality.)

I think what we saw last night was Mancini's interpretation of the priorities, just like Hughes made his calculations about the cup last season. I don't believe the owner came into it at all.

They set Mancini a target of 4th place or bust, and his interpretation of how to stay on course for it, faced with terrible injuries and a game against Chelsea on Saturday, was to gamble with the Carling Cup.

If you have knowledge that the owners have a perspective on the Carling Cup, would be good to hear it. Personally, I don't believe they care either way. But they supposedly do care about the fans. And the fans care about the Carling Cup.

I doubt the owners are as laid back about losing last night, or any game, as you claim.

Get real!The cc AND the F A Cup are totally unimportant to top 6-8 teams in the PL.As far as the cc is concerned,even championship teams are fielding weakened sides!The cc should be for championship teams and below.

With Chelsea, Juve and Newcastle coming up at home, we couldn't afford more injuries. Mancini would have liked to have played a stronger team but he assessed the risk and decided to play younger players to try and win. We didn't, we're out, but he hasn't shown contempt for the cup, he's just weighed it as less important that the following games. He is right.

YourBirdCanSing said:
Gelsons Dad said:

No-one can say with any authority that Sheikh Mansour was happy to sacrifice the Carling Cup. He owned us last season, when we fielded full-strength teams out all the way to the semis. Why wasn't Hughes instructed to rest 'bigger' players, if the owner saw the Carling cup as a waste of time? (It was more likely to get in the way of our push for 4th last season, when the squad had less quality.)

I think what we saw last night was Mancini's interpretation of the priorities, just like Hughes made his calculations about the cup last season. I don't believe the owner came into it at all.

They set Mancini a target of 4th place or bust, and his interpretation of how to stay on course for it, faced with terrible injuries and a game against Chelsea on Saturday, was to gamble with the Carling Cup.

If you have knowledge that the owners have a perspective on the Carling Cup, would be good to hear it. Personally, I don't believe they care either way. But they supposedly do care about the fans. And the fans care about the Carling Cup.

I doubt the owners are as laid back about losing last night, or any game, as you claim.

reach the semifinals of the CC did not save hughes from dismissal.

this say something about board priority

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.