Let's drop defensive midfield formation?

cucumberman

if we take out the DMs, would it be to the expense of a strong defense?

in return, would we see a stronger link-up play between players from back to front?

.........................Given..........................
Richards......Toure.........Boyata.......Bridge
SWP...........Ireland.........Bellamy.......Johnson
.........................Tevez...........................
.......................Adebayor.........................

looks ridiculous perhaps, but we have both speed in mid and perhaps some muscle with vieira

trueblue09 said:
sorry in my opinion thats a mid table team at best svens team looked better, bellamy center of midfield WTF

Shirley you jest.

We are now limited at attacking options.
We can only attack at wide flankes so we can have a good performance only if our flankes work well.

The duo midfield for double protection of our weak defensive line (back 4) deteriorate our attacking options since both midfields cannot create good passes.
I already watched 20 matches of this season, not see single killer pass from both of them but I can see couple of good crative passes from other team midfield in every match.
Furthermore, just carry the ball to pass center line is still not look comfortable, how often our midfield pass ball back to back 4 and long ball again.

First we need to have strong back 4 then at that time we can use only 1 defensive midfield and also look for defensive midfield who have attacking ability of crated good passes and accurate long ball (the best one that our money can reach).

This season we need 4th to be in CL and to be in good position to lure good players.
How far we can reach is up to Mancini now.
CL is a must to draw good players ohterwise 1 more year postpone from our target to be top of the world.

Holding midfielders are all very fine but we need a couple of playmakers.

shaiomarali said:
if we take out the DMs, would it be to the expense of a strong defense?

in return, would we see a stronger link-up play between players from back to front?

.........................Given..........................
Richards......Toure.........Boyata.......Bridge
SWP...........Ireland.........Bellamy.......Johnson
.........................Tevez...........................
.......................Adebayor.........................

looks ridiculous perhaps, but we have both speed in mid and perhaps some muscle with vieira

where is Vieira in the above line up?

wouldn't we risk getting totally over-run with this selection?

Pam said:
Holding midfielders are all very fine but we need a couple of playmakers.

Agree, if we sit in the middle we need our wide players and maybe one more central attacking midfielder to create chances for the forward players.

De Jong and Barry just can't play in the same team, they show off each others limitations massively. Both players need quality attacking midfielders playing in front of them like Makelele had and like Barry has for England. Throw Ireland in the mix aswell and you have the most pedestrian midfield imaginable.

please this DM is crap.let play 442 .de jong is ineffective against lower teams

Truly astonishing formations on this thread. I agree with the view that Barry & De Jong are too similar and also that Barry has the creative edge. But Vieira combined with either of these two is equally problematic. Stevie is such a lost soul at the moment it is really difficult to imagine what our midfield should look like.

i think de jong has to play when fit,, against any team home or away... we could put swp ireland bellamy infront of him... He has the edge over barry for me, especially if we are using 1 df midfielder.. He yesterday stopped many a hull attack, and had only barry to aim for when winning the ball,, thats why we were ineffective on the break.. Last yr when winning the ball, barry was at villa, and we were rapid on the break..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.