Let's have a look at what we could have won....

marca_uk

Ireland v Italy this week...Given v Buffon...!!

I was talking to someone from work today about Given! He is undoubtedly a good signing and a top keeper, but I reckon we are gonna get two, maybe three years out of him tops. Then what? Are we likely to keep Joe Hart/Kasper Schmeichel on the books until then (after probably loaning them out for a season or two), or are they likely to get itchy feet and move on, leaving us to need to sign a replacement for Given when the time comes??

Buffon used to have 77 on his back didn't he? It was his year of birth, not much younger than Given.

AI was a decent young international keeper and we let him go. Kasper in the goals is bad for my health. I would get someone else in next season as number 2 and let Hart improve on loan.

Pointless Thread of the week award? Who cares, Kasper will be gone next season, why on earth are you worrying about this? In case you hadn't heard we are the richest club in the world and Shay is quality, 4 years minimum. I no longer care if Hart goes, the guy between our sticks now is the best we've had since Big Joe.

Given is THE BEST KEEPER in the Premier League and has saved our Managers job from what he has already done in the games he has played for us. Not many people would argue against that.
He will be No1 for the next 5 seasons at least, I'm sorry to say it but I think Joe will go for his own ambitions.
Given has so much more experience to give the team than Joe, Joe for me never really semeed to command the back line for one.
Never to forget that if it was not for Joe we may not still be in the UEFA Cup, but if it was not for Given we may not be in it either....
We have the best keeper and the best 2nd and 3rd keeper in the League, Keeper is our strong point that's for sure!
From what we have seen so far I'd have Given over Buffon any day.
Mark Hughes's best siging by far.

There is no room for sentiment at City now. I think Hart WILL BECOME a top keeper, but isn't now and needs to improve a lot in his game. For one his professionalism and not doing silly dances when the fans sing to him. I know it's all in good jest but I honestly prefer my keeper to be 100% focuused and to be honest a boring t**t who makes lots of saves and commands his defence.

If Hart has ambition then either stay and learn off a top top keeper or get a season loan to a decent club. He got to play a lot more games than he would've expected as Issaksson was made of glass and was pants, and Schmeichel isn't a good enough for Prem keeper. Hart did ok, 6 out of 10 overall but needs to improve. He has so much potential but it's a position were you need to be experienced and Given has that in adundance. I don't think it's a coincidence that we look more solid with Given and Bridge added to the back 5, and Onouha at centreback with Richards at rightback. Dunne looks more confident and we even look more solid when defending set plays.

I am 100% NOT having a go at Hart, its the experience and knowledge he doesn't have yet. I would be sad to see him go, but would much rather City win things than risk upsetting a highly paid young man. His run in the team will have earned him a lot more dollar than perhaps he's worth at this stage of his career.

PS - what is actually happening with Danny Sturridge???

mcfcmatt said:
Given is THE BEST KEEPER in the Premier League and has saved our Managers job from what he has already done in the games he has played for us. Not many people would argue against that.
He will be No1 for the next 5 seasons at least, I'm sorry to say it but I think Joe will go for his own ambitions.
Given has so much more experience to give the team than Joe, Joe for me never really semeed to command the back line for one.
Never to forget that if it was not for Joe we may not still be in the UEFA Cup, but if it was not for Given we may not be in it either....
We have the best keeper and the best 2nd and 3rd keeper in the League, Keeper is our strong point that's for sure!
From what we have seen so far I'd have Given over Buffon any day.
Mark Hughes's best siging by far.

Given is much fitter than Buffon who has a history of back problems too!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.