Lets show Dzeko our support

AdamManCity said:
He has not had the best time this season but we have all seen how good a player he is on his day. He may not currently fit into our system but that may well change if we sign a winger this summer. He is just about the best target man around at the moment and despite what people say his touch and link up play are good. I for one want him to stay and he definitely deserves a place at this club above mario and tevez. He has shown nothing but commitment since he arrived even when tevez came back from his 6 month holiday and walked into the team ahead of him. His national team coach and his agent have both tried to convince him to move so on sunday lets make sure we let him know he's wanted, he is not only a welcome member of the dressing room but is also a quality player when played in the right way and still has time on his side

Agreed! He has scored plenty of important goals this season and they have all been put towards helping us walk out on Sunday in the position we are. You can't say he doesn't fit our system, when we were playing total football at the start of the season he was banging them in, I hope we can keep hold of him for next season. He's ahead of Balotelli and Tevez on my list, top pro and I have a lot of time him. Hope he gets some pitch time on Sunday and bags one, he deserves it! Ediiiiiiiinnnn DzekoooooooOOOOO!

We've had a lot worse. He's not quite got the x factor of our other forwards but there is definitely a player there (in my opinion).

This is a real shame - the boy has exceptional talent. Unfortunately he plays in a team without winger's. Does the signing of Hazard and potentially Bale, change that?

Dzeko should stay and give it another season as I still believe he is THE best proper centre forward in the world, and will get even better. He will need some reassurances that wing play will come back to our game in future - after all, it is our way too.

It didnt do his confidence any good when Mancini dropped him, when he was on a stupendous run of scoring.....................

ANY1aBLUE said:
This is a real shame - the boy has exceptional talent. Unfortunately he plays in a team without winger's. Does the signing of Hazard and potentially Bale, change that?

Dzeko should stay and give it another season as I still believe he is THE best proper centre forward in the world, and will get even better. He will need some reassurances that wing play will come back to our game in future - after all, it is our way too.

It didnt do his confidence any good when Mancini dropped him, when he was on a stupendous run of scoring.....................

Yes totally agree..also we need to be able to change the system when needed and require a big target man to do so.

gets so much stick, he doesnt deserve it. He is made the scapegoat way too often, fact is, he has scored 15 goals in the league this year with limited oppurtunities and seems unplayable when on his day eg: Spurs away. He doesnt sit there and moan about not playing bar one incident in Munich when our whole team was in disarray, and that was because he was unhappy about being taken off for a defensive midfielder when we were 2-0 down, after Tevez refused to come on/warm up. Even in recent weeks, when he's had about 20 mins playing time after Tevez comes back and just resumes his place in our XI after Dzeko has been patient since the turn of the year, he still tweets his admiration for the fans and the team, never saying a bad word. Too many times this season ive heard people go mental at him for slowing down the play, hes a target man, he holds the ball up and thats what he does best.

AdamManCity said:
He has not had the best time this season but we have all seen how good a player he is on his day. He may not currently fit into our system but that may well change if we sign a winger this summer. He is just about the best target man around at the moment and despite what people say his touch and link up play are good. I for one want him to stay and he definitely deserves a place at this club above mario and tevez. He has shown nothing but commitment since he arrived even when tevez came back from his 6 month holiday and walked into the team ahead of him. His national team coach and his agent have both tried to convince him to move so on sunday lets make sure we let him know he's wanted, he is not only a welcome member of the dressing room but is also a quality player when played in the right way and still has time on his side

Great post pal

I'm not having a go at Mancini but in this case he's got it wrong. Did he really want Dzeko or was it a Marwood brokered deal. We've never played in a way that could incorporate Dzeko's talents since Mancini arrived here and if anything we're getting narrower all the time.

The way he's been snubbed since tevez' return would have induced epic hissy fits in several members of our squad but Edin gets his head down, works hard and when he came on on Sunday he put a great shift in. People point out the chances he misses but all strikers miss lots of chances (Aguero missed about 6 on Sunday). Finding the space to get a shot in is a massive skill in itself and he's a natural at it. 17 goals in a season when he's been effectively the 4th choice striker playing in a system that doesn't suit him speaks volumes for his ability and character

The fans love him and I'm sure he'll get a massive reception on Sunday. I'd love him to score the winning goal and write himself into City folklore.

im a huge fan of dzeko love the loyalty this guy shows to the club.
I do not agree with the way hes been treated mario goes off on one and still gets chosen ahead of him , tevez goes on a 6 month golfing trip strolls back in and gets chosen ahead of him
i would love dzeko to stay but i agree with the national manager he needs to be somewhere else to gain confidence and always get a first chance,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.