Liam Delap | On loan at Hull City

Anyway to see the rest of the goals, that first one was amazing.

There are threads about buying another striker, but with Jesus and Aguero it seems too soon.

I'd rather bring this guy in right now as 3rd choice backup and let him learn the role, maybe he can have a breakout season... or not, won't know until he plays with higher calibre players like our squad.

Anyway to see the rest of the goals, that first one was amazing.

There are threads about buying another striker, but with Jesus and Aguero it seems too soon.

I'd rather bring this guy in right now as 3rd choice backup and let him learn the role, maybe he can have a breakout season... or not, won't know until he plays with higher calibre players like our squad.
Let's bring him in when the EDS & senior coaching team decide when it is best for him and the club. I may misunderstand your "breakout" comment but it sounds like tossing him in as an experiment and tough shit if he fails, he doesn't need to be analysed to death here or in the media as a new Aguero or Jesus,that's not good enough from our club he doesn't need the pressure.

Let's bring him in when the EDS & senior coaching team decide when it is best for him and the club. I may misunderstand your "breakout" comment but it sounds like tossing him in as an experiment and tough shit if he fails, he doesn't need to be analysed to death here or in the media as a new Aguero or Jesus,that's not good enough from our club he doesn't need the pressure.
Tbh I dont trust our academy coaches as they've been pretty mediocre, case in point, I believe the EDS still havent appointed a coach yet.

I mean I dont mean toss him in as an experiment like we should put our Hope's on him and rely on him, all I'm saying is 3rd choice striker, getting minutes like Foden got 3 or 4 years ago.

We cant be afraid of playing a youth player for fear of media scrutiny, but also I believe sometimes you "strike while the iron is hot" as they say, maybe he'll flourish. If he doesn't he can go back to U23 and continue his journey.

Tbh I dont trust our academy coaches as they've been pretty mediocre, case in point, I believe the EDS still havent appointed a coach yet.

I mean I dont mean toss him in as an experiment like we should put our Hope's on him and rely on him, all I'm saying is 3rd choice striker, getting minutes like Foden got 3 or 4 years ago.

We cant be afraid of playing a youth player for fear of media scrutiny, but also I believe sometimes you "strike while the iron is hot" as they say, maybe he'll flourish. If he doesn't he can go back to U23 and continue his journey.
Fair points but I think the club overall on most occasions get these decisions right. Unless he wants to take the "instant fame teen sensation/wunderkid path to glory, but I think his dad having been a pro himself will have taught him the ups and downs of a senior career.

So let me get this right, I've heard about 3 games he's played recently:

1) U18 game 3 goals
2) U23 game 2 goals
3) U23 game 2 goals

So he's scored 7 goals in 3 games? Just fucking promote him so we have somebody scoring all our chances, clearly some of that one on one time with Pep he received when training with first team did something.

I get that he's young and all, but Greenwood and Mbappe also got promoted at a young age, and Delap looks like a pretty big guy (atleast in pictures) who can handle the physicality.

So let me get this right, I've heard about 3 games he's played recently:

1) U18 game 3 goals
2) U23 game 2 goals
3) U23 game 2 goals

So he's scored 7 goals in 3 games? Just fucking promote him so we have somebody scoring all our chances, clearly some of that one on one time with Pep he received when training with first team did something.

I get that he's young and all, but Greenwood and Mbappe also got promoted at a young age, and Delap looks like a pretty big guy (atleast in pictures) who can handle the physicality.

He does train with the 1st team. Seen him in the pics. But if he is doing what he is at 17 in the U18 and U23 leagues then just let him get on with it. His time will come.

He does train with the 1st team. Seen him in the pics. But if he is doing what he is at 17 in the U18 and U23 leagues then just let him get on with it. His time will come.
I respect that opinion, but I'm leaning more towards making him 3rd choice striker, especially with Jesus able to play LW and Aguero kind of injury prone, think getting him cup minutes would be massive.

Obviously it isn't necessary to do this, like you said, he can just carry on what he's doing and he'll progress, just think a potential huge leap can be spurred with my scenario.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.