Liam Delap - Ipswich player 2024-25

We should have taken the 18m quid from Southampton and run for the hills last summer.

Never thought he was good enough for us. Needs about 3 touches to kill the ball, just not suited for the way we play.

I think the reason why he looked so good in the under 23s was because he was a lot more physical than the rest of the players he was coming up against. As soon as he's come up against stronger championship defenders, he's looked bang average.

Football brain very limited, technical ability very limited and he doesn't have the greatest discipline on a football field. These championship these defenders are a lot cuter, a lot wiser than him.

We will be lucky to get 12m for him now. He's had two very poor loans in the championship now, it's hard to see where he goes from here.

Lukas Nmecha had 2 poor Championship loans and a poor Bundesliga loan, but then had a great spell at Anderlecht and we got a decent fee for him. I reckon there will be 15+ Championship teams still willing to take a punt on loaning Delap next season.

Lukas Nmecha had 2 poor Championship loans and a poor Bundesliga loan, but then had a great spell at Anderlecht and we got a decent fee for him. I reckon there will be 15+ Championship teams still willing to take a punt on loaning Delap next season.
There will be clubs wanting him.

But the Nmecha example just proves we should just sell these players and let them start there career.

I don't see anyway Delap has a chance in our team, as the doubts some had that he was dominant at youth level due to his physicality seems to be backed up right now.

Seems to be coming into some form right at the end of a season to forget.

Named in the ‘worst team of the season’ for the Championship1683810824535.jpeg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.