Liam Delap | On loan at Hull City

Why aren’t Delap and Cole Palmer listed in our first team squad yet Roberts and Sandler are?

I thought a few players had been promoted to the full squad from the Academy this year?
Due to their age, I don't think they need to be included, as they don’t have to be pigeonholed into a restricted squad position.

Regardless of being in the squad or not, we could play the entire EDS and it would be fine.

Unless a surprise loan materialises,it looks like the kid is staying and hopefully being given the chance of first team action.
Our lack of success in attracting Kun's successor has been a huge stroke of luck for him on a personal level,and he must now be licking is lips in anticipation of the season ahead.

He's young,hes inexperienced,and he's still very raw......but he is also incredibly determined and focused and he has an armoury of attributes that could see him be a monster.

So unless we somehow magic a number 9 in the next few hours......A better opportunity to impress and tear up our future transfer plans he could not have wished for.

Unless a surprise loan materialises,it looks like the kid is staying and hopefully being given the chance of first team action.
Our lack of success in attracting Kun's successor has been a huge stroke of luck for him on a personal level,and he must now be licking is lips in anticipation of the season ahead.

He's young,hes inexperienced,and he's still very raw......but he is also incredibly determined and focused and he has an armoury of attributes that could see him be a monster.

So unless we somehow magic a number 9 in the next few hours......A better opportunity to impress and tear up our future transfer plans he could not have wished for.
If I could, I'd bring the window deadline forward now with no advance notice, just to make sure we don't sign anyone.

Good article in The Times today https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...age-wrecking-ball-zk9mgzx3m?utm_medium=Social

Paul Hirst is in my opinion the best journalist with connections to City/what he writes is a good indication of what the club want out there.

Now the striker, who turns 19 in February, is training with the first team and is expected to stay there for the majority of the season, although he will be allowed to play the odd game for the under-23s too. City rejected loan offers from Derby, Middlesbrough, Millwall and Stoke City in the summer and handed him a new five-year contract.

I know this might be speaking the obvious between fans but I would say it's a positive thing if the club are leaking this sort of stuff. He'll still turn out for the EDS a bit this year but I think we'll see him in the match day squad a lot more. Let's hope he takes his chance when he gets it. I watched a highlights video of him last night funnily enough and it's clear that he is well above the standard of youth football now. Got to be in the starting XI vs Wycombe for me.

Good article in The Times today https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...age-wrecking-ball-zk9mgzx3m?utm_medium=Social

Paul Hirst is in my opinion the best journalist with connections to City/what he writes is a good indication of what the club want out there.

Now the striker, who turns 19 in February, is training with the first team and is expected to stay there for the majority of the season, although he will be allowed to play the odd game for the under-23s too. City rejected loan offers from Derby, Middlesbrough, Millwall and Stoke City in the summer and handed him a new five-year contract.

I know this might be speaking the obvious between fans but I would say it's a positive thing if the club are leaking this sort of stuff. He'll still turn out for the EDS a bit this year but I think we'll see him in the match day squad a lot more. Let's hope he takes his chance when he gets it. I watched a highlights video of him last night funnily enough and it's clear that he is well above the standard of youth football now. Got to be in the starting XI vs Wycombe for me.
One interesting snippet overheard during Manchester City’s Carabao Cup win over Bournemouth came from the vast team of analysts who furnish Pep Guardiola and his coaches with all types of information. “He’s like a wrecking ball,” one of them said during the 2-1 win last September. “He’s like nothing else we’ve got,” another added. The player that the two men were talking about was Liam Delap.
He's definitely been noticed.

He's definitely been noticed.

He almost got sent off for ragdolling Bournemouth defenders and throwing them into the billboards like swatting flies so it would have been hard to miss him!

And he's a year older (and bigger) now.

I've never looked forward to a 3rd round league cup game than for this Wycombe one. It has to be his breakout party surely.

Plays a bit like Kane tbh

Outstanding young striker.

Left foot, right foot, headers, back heels, penalties!! The guy is a born goalscorer.

Not only that he's powerful, fast (enough) and can split defences with a pass too.

This is his chance now - I hope he takes it with both hands as only injuries will stop him becoming a top striker one day.

He needs time like most strikers they develop of years to be in the same bracket as Kane and Kane went on loan a few times for lucky at spurs to get his chance them took it! Wasn’t he then around 22/23?

these articles are nice, but at the age of 18.5 he has 30 minutes of PL football and 130 minutes of overall senior football, so he's still got a ton to prove. I don't suspect he'll gain a ton of those valuable minutes this season, sadly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.