Liam Delap | On loan at Hull City

Say if no new striker is coming in and City goes ahead with the options they already have (false 9, Raz, Ferran, Gabby, etc..) what would your realistic expectation be for Delap? As in how many apps, goal contributions, etc..
I can't comment on goals because we don't know how good he is yet, but id like to see him get 20 appearances including substitutions.

Say if no new striker is coming in and City goes ahead with the options they already have (false 9, Raz, Ferran, Gabby, etc..) what would your realistic expectation be for Delap? As in how many apps, goal contributions, etc..
I would imagine it might look similar to Foden’s 18-19 campaign.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/phil-foden/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/406635

However, there would be greater onus on Delap to score goals than there was on Foden, so that always makes comparisons trickier. Much will depend on the domestic cup draws and whether Guardiola can strike a balance in those between experienced periphery players and youngsters such as Delap.

Assuming that we don't manage to get another striker in that Delap gets plenty of game time this season, he doesn't have to start for us but should be on the bench. I know he wasn't fit but the last 2 games would have been perfect for him to come on for 20 - 30 minutes.

Who knows what will happen with him, he may thrive and save us over £100 million. Would be foolish not to have a good look at him this season at PL Level.

i've accepted torres as our starting striker if he continues to play like yesterday, showed real number 9 qualities so i don't mind that.

but I do hope that when he doesn't play it's delap that takes his place. there is no shame in playing him earlier than we played foden. we need him more than we needed phil back then and he's physically way more prepared.

Why aren’t Delap and Cole Palmer listed in our first team squad yet Roberts and Sandler are?

I thought a few players had been promoted to the full squad from the Academy this year?

Why aren’t Delap and Cole Palmer listed in our first team squad yet Roberts and Sandler are?

I thought a few players had been promoted to the full squad from the Academy this year?

Roberts & Sandler are both 24 years old now, Delap & Palmer have been promoted to training with the 1st team squad. Also, the OS never seems to be up to date in many regards :(

Just watched his contract extension interview on Youtube. Considering how much of a hothead he can be on the pitch, I was taken aback by just how level headed, grounded, and mature he was at discussing everything.

I've got very high hopes for him, I think he could save us a lot of money in the next decade.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.