Liam Gallagher

I saw him and John Squire at the newly refurbished Wolverhampton Civic Hall last week (Liam..." Decent gaff this"). As an FOC who has never seen Oasis or either of the Gallaghers live before (tbh never been a fan of their music but always found them good value in interviews and was offered a freebie ticket at short notice so thought i'd check it out) I was surprised to see how many 20somethings and teenagers were there. It seems that Liam has got a lot of universal appeal and he seems to connect with the audience in a unique way ie not saying a lot but looking cool as fuck. He's got real stage presence and charisma and I'm glad I has the chance to see him close up in a small venue.

Wolverhampton Civic - Ardwick Apollo- Co-Op Arena........Vegas residency in 2025...watch this space.

Was at The Apollo last night - I was pretty underwhelmed to be fair.

There was nothing particularly bad about it but never really caught fire to me.

Loved getting back to a great venue mind..........

Went to the Apollo gig with my man @paulpowerstash

Was a top night but we both felt they missed a massive trick not finishing with a Roses or Oasis one or even some kind of Mancunian based cover.

The roof would’ve come off the place rather than it just petering out after Jumpin Jack Flash.

Was at The Apollo last night - I was pretty underwhelmed to be fair.

There was nothing particularly bad about it but never really caught fire to me.

Loved getting back to a great venue mind..........
It was the same in Dublin. And also in a great intimate venue. The songs are all good and they sounded great, but it's just lacking something. Maybe because they have no big classic songs yet, or because they won't do any Oasis or roses (as you might expect), the one cover didn't send anyone off buzzing, or maybe it's just because there's not enough songs for a tour. Got the feeling they a probably regretting doing it despite the album being well received. And while it's not just Liam and Squire, the crowd mostly just standing filming I will never understand. My thoughts on it are, It would have been better if it was a tour Liam featuring John Squire. He could have mixed up the best of his solo stuff with the best songs in the new album with more than a few Oasis songs thrown in, all while letting John do his thing on guitar, giving the songs a new lease of life, it wouldn't get much better than that.

Last edited:
I love Liam but I think live music was done many years ago. It hurts the ears and you end up deaf or on the way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.