Life and Time

Do you ever feel as though you are missing out on things and life is passing you by a bit? It's the beginning of September at the back end of next week and it just feels like the year has flown over without really doing much

Just been a bit like groundhog day recently and everything is so mundane etc.

I think having something to look forward to definitely helps though

Totally feel this way.

Me and my mate are both 50 this year and in our youth, indulged in too much alcohol and the years have taken their toll........trouble is, in your youth you think you are immortal and cannot comprehend being 30, never mind 40, or 50, or older.

The OP mentions September (I too love that month) the tail end of summer.........my mate and I agree that at best we'll have 25 summers left.

Morbid, maybe, but life is definitely passing us by

I live through my kids. Never been happier to be honest because I do. Soccer, hurling, football (gaelic), basketball, out the back hurling tennis, trips here, there and everywhere (local), messing about, white lies, singing to them as if i was the best singer in the world, being an idiotic fool with them, hugs, listening to their piano practice after spending ages negotiating them into it, putting probably too much pressure on them to be the best they can be, losing patience and my temper due to their modern laziness, selfishness, disrespect, taking away their ipads/ps4/tv, shouting too much at them, negotiating, calming down and forgiving everything day after day, seeing their kindness to each other, seeing how they are genuinely appreciated by other parents for being well behaved decent kids, knowing that they bind myself and my wife together forever, loving them more than anything else... even City.

Life only makes sense to me in this context now. Don't know what took all my time before being a father. But anything different and I'd not have them so i regret nothing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.