Life Contentment

Worzel Gummidge#9

Deep kind of talk for a Monday evening I guess but how content are you with your life at the moment?

In a sense being content is all relative but if you had to describe how your life's sort of panning out etc, are you where you want to be, or heading in the right direction?

For me personally it's going pretty well, ups and downs of course but in reality sometimes without the bad times we would never taste the good times in life and the main thing I've learnt is always have a good attitude/NEVER dwell on anything for too long and things will turn out positive.

Got a lot going on but it could always be worse. I struggle with the not dwelling on things and sometimes let anxieties take over but ultimately I know right now I have it good.

Sometimes when things are going against us they all happen at once but it's just a phase, and life experience mate, keep your chin up.

Married to a lunatic who has unbelievable temper issues is on the change and utterly materialistic and a bit thick. But stunningly fit.

Juggle her with the lesbian ex which is a challenge all the time.

3 incredible kids who I am very close to.

No money issues.

Building a very high pressured development which is meaning I have no life midweek.

Nice house and flat.

Love city.

Nice lifestyle.

But living with a huge cloud of my best mate, my old man getting older and more senile and won’t be around much longer which utterly scares the shit out of me. Like I wake up and think “oh fuck he won’t be here in x years” - every morning. I love taking him to city and it is our life but I simply can not imagine going to city without him.

And I am a fat fucker with an addiction to mr kiplings.

Quite charismatic for someone who’s main hobby is collecting football programmes.

I don’t have many mates.

7/10 I would say. Maybe 8. Wouldn’t want life to be easy all the time. I can look back and say I have lived.

Last edited by a moderator:
Married to a lunatic who has unbelievable temper issues is on the change and utterly materialistic and a bit thick. But stunningly fit.

3 incredible kids who I am very close to.

No money issues.

Building a very high pressured development which is meaning I have no life midweek.

Nice house and flat.

Love city.

Nice lifestyle.

But living with a huge cloud of my best mate, my old man getting older and more senile and won’t be around much longer which utterly scares the shit out of me. Like I wake up and think “oh fuck he won’t be here in x years” - every morning. I love taking him to city and it is our life but I simply can not imagine going to city without him.

And I am a fat fucker with an addiction to mr kiplings.

Quite charismatic for someone who’s main hobby is collecting football programmes.

I don’t have many mates.

7/10 I would say. Maybe 8. Wouldn’t want life to be easy all the time. I can look back and say I have lived.

Good post! Sorry to hear about your dad..

Out of interest what do you mean about the high pressured development?

Im pretty content with lifes lot but foolishly spend too much time contemplating what might go wrong in the future. Maybe this is a natural byproduct of being content, fearing what might take that contentment away?

Love my football, where I live (near the beach and New Forest), have great work colleagues but temper this with fact I live along way from family and my closest friends and my job is pretty much unrewarding as its enforcement related so never makes you popular or appreciated.

Best time of my life by a country mile.

Still fancy her like I did when she was 18
Mortgage free
No debts
Kids all set up in good jobs and houses
Retired
Good health
Enough free dosh to do exactly what I want, when I want.
Was in Greece this time last week, tomorrow I’m off to Croatia.

And most important of all...

City rule the fucking universe.

I would say pretty content at the moment.
Main issues are life seems to be going way too quick
Strangely starting to think about getting too old that I won’t be able to enjoy life anymore
A sign of getting old is the amount of people who I once knew are now dead
Eating too much and drinking too much that in the past a younger age meant that these were not health issues.
Now live in the country so feel isolated at times.
Me and the Mrs say we must make new friends to stop boredom whilst thinking if we do we will only end up drinking more
On the whole though compared with others life is good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.