Life

The Gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.

Life........90% of it is shit (worry, stress etc. etc.)

It's the 10% of good that keepsyou going (looking forward to a gig, the match, a holiday, your next payday or whatever)

Trouble is, by looking forward to that 10% of good, you're just wishing your life away
Very true mate..
A lot of life is shit. I spent too much of it working.

We spend most of our lives waiting for something. Nearly all of it.
Buses, women getting ready, meeting people, appointments, the match to start, women getting ready, dinner, the pub to open...waiting all the time really.

Last edited:
Was thinking today, if lizards evolved in the flat above me, they'd die out over a century or longer, due to lack of sustainable food. the only way around that would be for them to evolve into flying lizards, AKA birds. And the only way that happens, is if a large number of lizards jump out of that window. nearly all would die, leaving the survivors to pass on the genes that gave them an advantage in falling/flying. IOW, the birds outside my window would only exist because at some point their ancestors starting jumping out of the window for no good reason.

This sort of thing presumably is rife in the story of evolution. As we get to 10B, and the sense becomes that there isn't much more room... we're surely going to find we're breeding people who do indeed do things such as jump out of windows for no apparent reason.

This is as close as I can come to making sense of the world I see today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.