lifting floortiles

Goats left knee

getting a new kitchen in and am lifting the floor tiles tomorrow... using my bro in laws jackhammer and whatever else he uses (he is a tiler but has work on)
is it going to be a barsteward to do or is it easy enough?
any advice

You never can tell,but you must where goggles and gloves.Last thing you want is a shard a tile in your eye.
If your useing some sort of jack hammer you shouldn`t really have a problem.

Depending on what surface it is it should be no problem concrete would be
the easiest but if there laid on vinyl then you might start getting
a few problems

you'll find out tomoorow mate
i'm a tiler
sometimes they come up easy, you'll be done in an hour
sometimes they don't and you'll be doing a lot of swearing and finish the day with lots of cuts on your hands

smash 1st 1 out then hope rest come out nice and easy just by putting your chisel under it and a couple of taps with your hammer, if not you'll be glad you got that jackhammer

please please please wear goggles, i did this job when i was a labourer, piece of old slate, tiny little piece went straight into my eye, had to go to hospital and was in real pain, other than that a bolster and hammer, piece of piss, no need for anything electrical

so i have the hammerdrill.the little bolster on it is rotating..should it not be going in and out? If so how do i change it

Goats left knee said:
so i have the hammerdrill.the little bolster on it is rotating..should it not be going in and out? If so how do i change it

Are you having us on mate, you dont need anything electrical, hammer the chisel into the 1st one and smash it up, from then on its just a tap on the chisel under each one til your finished.

I think if you know so little its surprising you have taken it on, get a mate to do it for you because you sound f**kin useless.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.