Linux

Miami Weiss

Attempting to burn a Linux Mint ISO, when I run the DVD it just opens the file contents.

Any help ?

ff4ftw.png

Not sure Mint allows you to install inside windows (I could be wrong but nothing came up on google), I'm sure Ubuntu does and I guess Kubuntu (my weapon of choice) does. I suspect you'll have to give Mint it's own partition, the installer will give you various options and do the work for you, when it's finished installing you'll reboot and there'll be a menu allowing you to start windows or mint.

Edit to clarify: You'll either have to set your pc to boot from the mint cd/dvd (not your hard drive) or get a ubuntu/kubuntu disc and you should be able to install (and remove) the linux os from within windows.

I'm on Kubuntu too!

By far my favourite version of GNU/Linux. I hate GNOME, I can't understand why any rational human being would want to stare at a dirty orange screen all day. KDE on the other hand is clean, efficient, and actually gives you usable interface options. Linus himself said he hated GNOME purely because it treats it's users as idiots.

I also have a laptop for BackTrack on it.

Damocles said:
I'm on Kubuntu too!

By far my favourite version of GNU/Linux. I hate GNOME, I can't understand why any rational human being would want to stare at a dirty orange screen all day. KDE on the other hand is clean, efficient, and actually gives you usable interface options. Linus himself said he hated GNOME purely because it treats it's users as idiots.

*Makes sure router is locked down*

Haha, agree about gnome, it's fucking ugly and dreadful to use. I first tried linux (ubuntu) about 2 years ago, I'd been using it for about a week and was about to ditch it until I tried kde.

The latest (4.4 I think) looks shit hot.

sweep said:
Damocles said:
I'm on Kubuntu too!

Haha, agree about gnome, it's fucking ugly and dreadful to use. I first tried linux (ubuntu) about 2 years ago, I'd been using it for about a week and was about to ditch it until I tried kde.

Hehe, I use it to test my own sites.

I'm on Kubuntu 9.10 at the moment, but I fancy a change coming up. Have you tried many distros? I had a period of trying to get through as many as possible until I settled on Kubuntu.

Damocles said:
sweep said:

Hehe, I use it to test my own sites.

I'm on Kubuntu 9.10 at the moment, but I fancy a change coming up. Have you tried many distros? I had a period of trying to get through as many as possible until I settled on Kubuntu.
I've downloaded an Arch disk as I like the idea of having a bloat free system but haven't (and realistically probably never will) bothered to install it. Mythbuntu on an old box (with a dual freeview tuner) behind the telly and Kubuntu on the laptop do exactly what I need, so no real inclination to change.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.