Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it doesn't. It doesn't at all.

Being a finisher is not the same as being a striker. Cristiano Ronaldo is possibly the best finisher in the world, he's a shit striker.

CR did well as a ST for Real. Depends on the team and setup. I'm pretty confident Messi in our system would score loads as a ST/F9. Long time since Messi could rely on Barca's midfield to supply him with chances. We have KDB. We also have wide players whereas Barca have more central forwards like Suarez and Griezmann

Giving up Jesus makes no sense. Even if Messi can play false nine, which I don't think is his position at this point anyway, you're really going to go into the season with a 32 year old Aguero coming off knee surgery and a 33 year old Messi as the only two who can play up front? Do you guys realize what the schedule looks like this year?
It will be sad to sacrifice Jesus but we have to look at our main attacking flaw recently and it's when Sergio is out we have to create more chances to convert. Messi maybe hasn't the legs he used to have but his finishing is still on a par with Sergio. The work rate of Phil, Torres, Raheem, Kev and Bernardo can compliment our forwards - It comes down to we can't miss this chance even if it's only for two seasons, but don't underestimate how having Messi will positively effect our younger players.

It will be sad to sacrifice Jesus but we have to look at our main attacking flaw recently and it's when Sergio is out we have to create more chances to convert. Messi maybe hasn't the legs he used to have but his finishing is still on a par with Sergio. The work rate of Phil, Torres, Raheem, Kev and Bernardo can compliment our forwards - It comes down to we can't miss this chance even if it's only for two seasons, but don't underestimate how having Messi will positively effect our younger players.

I don't believe we struggle more with Sergio out. I think it depends on the opposition & sometimes we are better with Jesus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.