Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd go with this:

905550_Manchester_City.jpg

Nastasic will come good again, hopefully Hart gets back to his best and then if Kolarov gets better at defending and bettering his positional sense defensively or we replace him with a great defender who is equally good going forward, Navas stops hesitating taking people on and delivers what he is capable of, Yaya puts in more work cutting out the opposition's play and if, we of course buy Messi I see no reason why our team can't consistently perform like a big gun like Bayern and realistically challenge for the treble (or dare I say it quadruple).

You have to factor in though that we are Manchester City and anything can happen. Not a guarantee that we will reach the heights of Bayern, Barca etc. I hope we do one day soon without the arrogance, and general nobhead bandwagon fans alike to scum's and Bayern's. Barca fans seem decent to be fair.

haha I kind of hate this topic... I feel like it's impossible, but at the same time...

Couldn't this transfer suit all three parties?

For Barca:

Their team is almost undoubtedly heading in a steady, aging decline...Not sure what exactly the allegations in Spain were against Barcelona, but if there's any truth to them, could that lead to any possible financial trouble? A sale of Messi, for 250+ million, would that not be enough to fund 7 or 8 new, young world class level players to surround Neymar, Tello, Alba and whoever else can last at the level? Is it not almost that time where Barcelona SHOULD be thinking about rebuilding? Hasn't Neymar, still at the age of 21, done enough in the absence of Messi to prove he's well and truly worth building barca's next gen around?

For them it's a chance to rebuild with great promise, losing Messi at his peak value while the rest of the team ages past their best years seems to make since. Messi more than likely won't be happy to suffer through the inevitable slumps that come with replacing a team of legends with promising youth, so why not sell him and focus on the next chapter...

For Messi:

Known as the greatest player on the planet right now... Why stop there? Surely he's got ambitions of improving his legacy. If he himself believes he's the best to ever play the game, he'll want to prove it. What better way than making the jump to the EPL? Going to a team that plays the type of football he loves and flourishes in? Going to a team that is beginning to look like a dominating force in both England and now maybe even Europe? Going to a club with management he already trusts (txiki and soriano)?

It seems as low risk and as high rewarding of an option as there could be... If you look at our team, the majority are just entering their prime and are at a similar age to Messi. He's also got great friends here in Kun and Zabaleta. Why would he not want to come for a few years and win a few more trophies and silence all of his critics? Even if he only came for two or three years and then went back to finish his career off at Barca or somewhere in Argentina, he could easily solidify his place in history as the best ever with a world cup win this summer and a successful move to England. Not saying that's an easy task but with that baby face, he's gotta still be dreaming.

For Manchester City:

Branding, globalization... Need I say more? Messi's name alone would bring in the bank... Shirt sales, marketing, tickets, etc. he'd reel it in with ease. The club would make a HUGE statement with his signature and would instantly, without a doubt, become the team to beat in Europe. We'd instantly become the talk of the world...

As for the football, I mean... We'd have messi, kun, silva, yaya, dinho, nasri, navas, that shadow (jovetic), and negredo to chose from each and every week. His name added to that list only makes those other players we already have seem greater to me... Bc they don't look even the slightest bit out of place. We have the quality to not only surround the best player in the world in adequate and effective fashion, but enough to bring out the best, in the BEST player in the world, IMO.

I've not done much research at all, mainly just reading on here, so don't bust my chops too hard... I'm only dreaming. But what a dream it is

whicko said:
ieraaa said:
Dream on guys, dream on :) Nobody is going to pay 400.000.000
http://www.totalbarca.com/2014/news/lionel-messi-the-400-million-euro-man/

I guess you don't realise the wealth of our owner, when you are worth billions you can have whatever you desire, and if he desires Messi he will have him.

He probably made 400m whilst you were writing your post.

The money isn't an issue.

FFP isn't an issue as I can't imagine that the CL sponsors would be too happy with UEFA if they excluded the best player in the world from the competition they pay so much to be associated with.

I don't believe Messi wanting to come here would be an issue

Just need to convince Barca to sell now but that doesn't seem so far fetched at the moment either. The main problem I see is that they wouldn't want to be seen to be doing so in their fans eyes. They would want Messi to agitate for the move and he probably wouldn't want to do so because of the fans. Bit of a catch 22 situation for Messi and Barca

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.