Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? I think we should sign him but I think his game had dipped from the stratospheric level it was once at.
That's a far more sensible post. You ptobably should have started with that, no one will disagree he's the player he was a decade ago.
The simple fact is the player he is now is still better than everybody else and will be for the next couple of years.

I agree. Still better than almost everyone on the planet but if money's no object, I'd take a few players ahead of Messi. I think most people would do so. Who will win Ballon D'Or 2020/21? I would be amazed if Messi or Ronaldo are in the running any more. I suspect it would be Mbappe, Neymar, Lewandowski, or even Van Dijk.

Messi contributes to 46 league goals alone last year. Many don’t reach them levels at their peak, never mind when supposedly past it. There might be players who because of age may be more appealing, them players aren’t available nor want to play for city though. If we had two amazing years of Messi then it’s all worth it. We’d have happily had Silva extend who’s even older, why not allow the best player in the world a couple of years?

also worth noting he assisted 6 goals more and scored one less than in 2015. If we was in for him 5 years ago we’d be climbing the walls with excitement, off the back of a better season numbers wise this season and there’s negativity. Madness

Because he is an absolutely fantastic player. His game has dipped and it will dip further and therefore I commit the crime of rating Mbappe and Neymar ahead of him.

There’s a big difference between saying someone is better than another and that someone is a better long term prospect.

You’re now flip flopping between the two to cover your back.

Why? I think we should sign him but I think his game had dipped from the stratospheric level it was once at.
Because of what's happening around him?

In any job there's times when you feel that if your performance drops it's time for change, he probably feels it's exactly what he needs to get his mojo back

Love it when I can chuckle at Marv’s posts, and everyone’s reactions, when I’m not involved. Winds me up rotten when it’s me he is replying to, lol.

People moan about twitter. There’s only so foolish you can look in 220 characters. This place affords people the chance to write essays showing off their inanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.