Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Devastated!

Some posters like putting a negative slant on Things. Arguing whether he is past it or is not as good is pointless. If he comes we can judge for ourselves if the move has worked out. No one in their right mind unless trolling or are looking attention genuinely think messi to city is a bad move.

He has been and still is better than any player currently in our squad and that is no disrespect to Sergio, Kev etc.

If he comes enjoy watching him play. That is the thing with football everyone has an opinion, mixed in with tribalism and you have football bias which is what will now play out in the media. Suck it up we prob got 10 more years of this until dinosaurs like carragher, Merson are put out to pastor.

That's a downward trend - in no small part due to injury.
That's not necessarily true though is it.
Take the PSG years (the last 3).

He played 30 - 28 - 27 games respectively.
No doubt you will claim the 3 games he missed last season were all guaranteed hat tricks.

That fence must be really uncomfortable Nev...
Old G Nev is desperate for Messi not to join the blues, it’s his worst nightmare. You can just see him with fingers in his ears shouting that he can’t believe it , it’s not happening. He can’t accept that Messi would choose little old City over everybody else.

But it hasn't dipped.

I think the problem is you just don't watch him play. If you watched him and Barca regularly this season you'd have seen that he was as good as ever just in a deeper position. He can score 35-40 league goals a season if he was up in the front 3 with a good midfield but Barca surrounded him with Vidal, Rakitic, Sergio Roberto.

So instead he moved deeper, became more of a creator and broke all assist records in spain whilst also scoring 26 in 32. And thats despite Suarez being genuinely past it and Griezmann playing like a fan who won a competition. Messi this season with Suarez from 2015 would have got 40 assists, that's not an exaggeration.
Well I will admit I do not watch him regularly. I watched him this season in the Champions League games. I think he has struggled in those games. I agree about Saurez and the other players in the Barcelona squad. This is a squad that has grown old together and the new signings have failed. He's not quite so quick or mobile as he was and that is no doubt why he has dropped a little deeper to find space and control the game with his passing. A lot of great forwards do that. I would love City to sign him, but I am realistic enough to know that he is a at the end of his career and age is beginning to have an impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.