Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Bartomeu a lot to know what's up to. It's all a ploy to say he tried everything in his power to keep Messi. He'll make a lot of noise about it, but is real goal is to sell Messi. He has to free up a lot of debt before he leaves. Him getting around 120m to 150m euros fee.... whilst also saving another 75m to 100m euros in salary and bonuses. That will cover most of the debt, so Bartomeu and the board won't be liable to cover it. I suspect he's trying to bring Messi down with him. And I would rather Messi win than let Bartomeu claim victory.

The majority of Barcelona fans are fine with Messi leaving. Sure, I'm going to miss him, but he's earned the right to leave. He's won so many trophies and carried us enough. If Messi wants a new challenge where he can compete at the highest level then he should be allowed to. He shouldn't have to struggle when he only has around 3 to 4 years to go.

We know our rebuild won't happen till next summer..... and it's going to take a while before we can even compete at the highest level again.

Welcome.

That's exactly how we would see it, if it was Aguero etc. He has done his job, just let him go & stay friends.

I know Bartomeu a lot to know what's up to. It's all a ploy to say he tried everything in his power to keep Messi. He'll make a lot of noise about it, but is real goal is to sell Messi. He has to free up a lot of debt before he leaves. Him getting around 120m to 150m euros fee.... whilst also saving another 75m to 100m euros in salary and bonuses. That will cover most of the debt, so Bartomeu and the board won't be liable to cover it. I suspect he's trying to bring Messi down with him. And I would rather Messi win than let Bartomeu claim victory.

The majority of Barcelona fans are fine with Messi leaving. Sure, I'm going to miss him, but he's earned the right to leave. He's won so many trophies and carried us enough. If Messi wants a new challenge where he can compete at the highest level then he should be allowed to. He shouldn't have to struggle when he only has around 3 to 4 years to go.

We know our rebuild won't happen till next summer..... and it's going to take a while before we can even compete at the highest level again.
Good summary.

You never know though. I remember this time last season in the aftermath of Liverpool's CL win I was thinking Bayern Munich were done. Ribery and Robben had gone and they had an ageing squad. 12 months later they are champions. When Guardiola came to City we had just finished 4th and got 66 points. We spent a lot of money, had one transitional season, and then won the league. It can be done quick.

Do you think it is possible to rebuild with Messi in the side? To be honest I have some sympathy with the position of selling Messi and rebuilding as I think having a player who is so central to the team hampers the development of plaayers like Griezmann

I am amazed how much shit, internal politics going on inside Barca with their own media and its used not even against the rivals like Real or Atletico but to fight the internal battles. And this totally includes the sporting decisions in terms of signings, managers, contracts etc.

Its like imagine Khaldoon having instruct media to write bad stuff about agents of our players or the players or any other board member who might nor favour Khaldoon or something like that.
Or leaking some conversation between Txiki and De Bruyne to stir up shit if he wouldnt want to renew...

Fucking toxic, I dont know what is the point of all this.

Liverpool/Rodgers and Sterling comes to mind...Total lack of class!

Messi could have lost 5% of his natural ability maybe even 10% at his age of 33 however a 90% Messi is still 10% above anyone else in their prime in the premiership.

He will still score 40+ goals in every comp next season.

I cannot wait to see this legend at our club.
A balanced post in 3 sentences. Quality.

Hearing unconfirmed rumours that the Titanic has hit an iceberg...oh and Aguero's changed his IG handle? Can anyone confirm?
Ooooo that’s exciting. Has he dropped the 10 from his account by any chance ;)

I’ve had the song ‘Mambo number 5’running through my head for the past 3 days.
Fuck off Messi, you’re not worth this torture..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.