Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a relief. Yep wasn't seeing this happening from the start. But glad it's all settled. He stays and we move on. Window nearing to a close so need the new additions in asap.

Yeah, I was thinking the same. What happened to that Webster (?) ruling, where a player over x years old can buy out the last year of his contract? He says he wanted to leave. You'll excuse me if I'm sceptical of that claim.
Because then it would be at the hands of FIFA. Which apparently he doesn't want because it's not 'friendly'

I actually never in my imagination thought Messi could drag this to the very end only to stay at Barca. It just shows what kind of man he is.

If you send this message to the club, you better be prepared to go all in; and that includes the court room. But once again he just cried out to the world about what a catastrophic management team running Barca to get his will through. This whole process was just a pathetic display from him and it will tarnish his legacy.

Now they will sack Bartomeu and in six month, Messi will say ”we have a fantastic project here”. Fuck off, spineless pussy.
(excuse my french)

Here we go...

Man says, I'm unhappy at work I want to leave.
Work says, Oh no you don't you had a deadline to say this and you didn't.
Man says, Deadline was extended.
Work says, Nope, just because we lost 8-2 doesn't mean you can leave.
Man says, how much to buy out my contract.
Work says, 700 odd million Euros.
Man say, I've always loved it here.

It's nothing to do with going all out, taking it to the courts. He was upset. He was angry. He was a little embarrassed. Officially we were never in for him, no one were. The only people mentioning City were the media and a load of so called ITK's on here spouting their usual crap.

I am glad it's all over. The fact that Barca were willing to go through a long legal battle to keep such an unhappy player is amazing. This is also great news for our own "Stockport Iniesta"... haha!!!.

Here we go...

It's nothing to do with going all out, taking it to the courts. He was upset. He was angry. He was a little embarrassed. Officially we were never in for him, no one were. The only people mentioning City were the media and a load of so called ITK's on here spouting their usual crap.

Facepalm.

Feel sad for him, you can see frustration and resignation in him. He really wanted to come to City but simply there was no way to leave.

I think he'll sign a new deal at Barca next season though. Bartomeu will be gone soon and the next guy will promise him a project.

I wouldn't be surprised if he very openly signs a contract with someone in January.

After being genuinely thrilled at the prospect of Messi joining us now, i think we should draw a line under it and move on,not go in for him next season. He wont get the offer City likely had on the table for him again.

Shame...

Here we go...

Even Pep advised him to stay so I would say we were never looking to take him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.