Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you are right my friend . Joao Cancelo said it all in an interview : “The moment we lose the ball, we react very fast. Sometimes when I watch our videos, I can see the moment one of us loses possession, within seconds we have lots of players behind the ball. I believe that is the secret for a team’s success..."

That is what i was trying to explain when i said in this thread Messi's arrival would harm the team's balance because he walks most of the time and doesn't do his defensive job. I also said Messi's arrival is a gift and a curse. Some people said to me i was crazy. I also said even Pep wants him to stay at Barcelona because he knows football better than us.

I prefer Haaland too, he's a beast full of energy and will fit perfectly with the mentality of the team.

With regards to the pressing and Messi, I feel Pep would figure a way to make it work. Pep goes on about David Silva even in his BT sport interview about how much he loves Silva and what he gave to the team. So if you look at it Messi he would probably give you about the same level of pressing as Dave did.

The press and counter pressing may drop off a bit and maybe others will need to work harder, but what Messi would give you with ball control and creativity is unmatched. The same way in which I feel Pep doesn't always like De Bruyne giving the ball away with some of his passes, he lives with it knowing he can produce moments of magic.

For the very first time I'm starting to think that I'm not convinced Messi coming would be the best thing for the team, and I'd have laughed at myself even a few months ago for even suggesting that. We are that damn good as a unit now that I'd have a slight worry that him coming in on enormous wages and being, in some ways, bigger than the club, might upset the apple cart. Would Haaland come if Messi was coming? If I had a choice now between Messi and Haaland I'd chose Haaland.

I do understand that this move might be more about the club's profile than football, but would Pep accept that? It seems a mad thing to say but now he has developed this team unit, could he decide Messi is too big a risk?

It’s exactly how I feel

I think there is too much emphasis on Messi's body language this season, rather than his achievements. Let's face it, he is playing in a side that he was basically forced to stay in, so I am sure he is half going through the motions a little.

I believe Pep would get the best out of him in our team, and I bet a new start with invigorate him as well, and like has been said before, he would probably be as effective as Merlin was in regards to defense. I just think this signing would be too good to miss out on, to see him in our colours would be amazing, and no one can doubt his contribution this season, playing for a club that he wanted to leave last August.

I think there is too much emphasis on Messi's body language this season, rather than his achievements. Let's face it, he is playing in a side that he was basically forced to stay in, so I am sure he is half going through the motions a little.

I believe Pep would get the best out of him in our team, and I bet a new start with invigorate him as well, and like has been said before, he would probably be as effective as Merlin was in regards to defense. I just think this signing would be too good to miss out on, to see him in our colours would be amazing, and no one can doubt his contribution this season, playing for a club that he wanted to leave last August.
His body language over the last couple of months is very different.

He looks happy and motivated and his and Barca look so much better because of it.

I am sure his mind is made up where he will be next season.

Lots of noises in the last few hours , that the probability that Messi is most likely that he stays if Laporta , who is the fav. to win.

I think you are right my friend . Joao Cancelo said it all in an interview : “The moment we lose the ball, we react very fast. Sometimes when I watch our videos, I can see the moment one of us loses possession, within seconds we have lots of players behind the ball. I believe that is the secret for a team’s success..."

That is what i was trying to explain when i said in this thread Messi's arrival would harm the team's balance because he walks most of the time and doesn't do his defensive job. I also said Messi's arrival is a gift and a curse. Some people said to me i was crazy. I also said even Pep wants him to stay at Barcelona because he knows football better than us.

I prefer Haaland too, he's a beast full of energy and will fit perfectly with the mentality of the team.

The "6 second rule"
Lose the ball,flood the opposition,basically attacking without the ball.
When they have the ball,they set up to attack,but because of the flood,it pushes the centre halves back toward their own keeper,creating a huge space for the false 9.
Win the ball back within 6 seconds,they are still set to attack and hey presto,we got em.
I'm convinced we have purposely give it away to enforce this tactic....I think we are getting ready for Messi turning up...could be wrong though.

I just don’t see how Barca can afford to keep him anyway? Now they also have to pay back the state aid they received? Wasn’t that €220m last November?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.