Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andouble said:
adrianr said:
400m? Is that a late April fools?

That's not the transfer fee, that's transfer fee + image rights + colossal agent fee + 5 years colossal salary.

I don't care if it includes the Camp Nou, that's obscene. How much would we be paying him!?

Crazy amount of money to place on one player one bad tackle away from a dead investment.

Prestwich_Blue said:
richards30 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
I've known for 18 months that there's a chance. The question is does he want to take that chance?

So everything agreed but depends on leo having the balls to do it?
And doing the deal with Barca. But with Neymar settled in and Suarez there, that might not be quite as difficult as it once might have been, particularly if the Spanish TV deal gets re-jigged to give less to the big two.

Wasn't it mentioned we would go to £112m?

TCIB said:
ManCityX said:
Imagine how you'd feel seeing this as a breaking news headline on Sky/BBC/Twitter.

'Lional Messi has requested to speak with Manchester City'.

50f06e87afa96f2f45000052.jpg

what do spooky wizard ghosts have to do with this?

Prestwich_Blue said:
richards30 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Oh ye of little faith...

You think we have a chance colin?
I've known for 18 months that there's a chance. The question is does he want to take that chance?

Quick question PB...you say about "18 months"......at about that time,was a fee of £119.5 million agreed with barca?

Manchester_lalala said:
Ray78 said:

Never seen this one, haha!

400m for one player, imagine the out cry if this happens. Sorry for being a thick twat, but is this how much city would pay barca or messi, or is it both? Surely the club can't pay this sort of money with ffp about.

the 400m will include fee+wages+image rights etc

adrianr said:
Andouble said:
adrianr said:
400m? Is that a late April fools?

That's not the transfer fee, that's transfer fee + image rights + colossal agent fee + 5 years colossal salary.

I don't care if it includes the Camp Nou, that's obscene. How much would we be paying him!?

Crazy amount of money to place on one player one bad tackle away from a dead investment.

If City work out they could afford it, then it would not be a crazy investment, as the amount of future revenue we could generate, by the vastly increased profile Messi would give the club, would far outweigh the gamble.

Kids all round the world would end up picking City as the team they first supported. Neutrals everywhere would want to see City games. And most City fans who exist anywhere in the world now, would be more likely to make an extra effort to get to games. Ground expansion sorted & demand for more.

Sponsors falling over themselves to give us money. Huge shirt sales.

Sure, if he dropped dead as soon as he arrived, it would be a bit of a shitter, but we'd still survive & prosper. They wouldn't risk it otherwise.

The other day I've read some article quoting Zaba that when Messi was with Argentina in Manchester, and visited our academy that he said - I'd rather be here than at home.

There is definitely some flirting going on with us and Messi, and I'm fairly sure Barca would listen the offers but I'm not sure we'd be able to fit that transfer inside FFP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.