Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No.

It feels like, and looks like, those two deals remain unconnected.

I've no idea how City would fit all three in, but as I've said before, I would expect one of the attacking players to leave if we signed Leo AND Grealish.

I feel like we might see one attacker leave if we get Haaland AND Messi/Grealish. Just look at how little Aguero has played this season. Now replace him with Haaland. Who is going to be expected to play virtually every PL/CL game.

We already have Torres who is already struggling for minutes. Add Messi/Grealish to that and Torres won't even get on the bench.

No.

It feels like, and looks like, those two deals remain unconnected.

I've no idea how City would fit all three in, but as I've said before, I would expect one of the attacking players to leave if we signed Leo AND Grealish.
Jack is english so he takes up a home grown spot rather then a non home grown spot so that could be it.

I’ve already said a few times on this thread and I’ll say it again. The best scenario for Messi leaving is looking happy and winning at least one title. I don’t think they can pull it off in La Liga but the domestic cup is very likely. This will make him look better than if he had left last summer, while unhappy. He will have finished his contract and can give an interview saying “I feel my cycle here is finished and I’m happy”. This would mean he could come back at another point for a different role after retiring. Deep down he knows next season will be no different than this one and they can’t advance past the QF in the UCL.

Jack is english so he takes up a home grown spot rather then a non home grown spot so that could be it.

He doesn't, any new player, english or otherwise takes up a non-homegrown spot now. Even if carson leaves. The only players not to take up a spot are from rhe academy. Someone would still.have to leave to accommodate new places.

Presumably dinho.

Penny for his thoughts and other targets as we hopefully start to lift trophies over the next two months.

Also a reason why we should get our other deals done as early as possible.

Imagine if we could do Haaland/Grealish/Nuno/whoever a few days after the end of the season, and Messi sees all of that before he sits down to hear Laporta explain how they're signing Eric Garcia and Memphis Depay and how it can rejuvenate the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.