Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Organising Barca's finances in the short term must be an absolute minefield, so it's hardly surprising they haven't been able to offer him something concrete yet

Whether there is truth or not to this claim, the timing is telling. I.e ahead if their cope del rey final.

In my mind, there are number of typical and preferable timing options, that if messi were to stay would be used to announce this.

One was more or less within the first week or so of laporta's taking over. Maximum effect. This hasn't happened. Two was during the international break.
Three is coming up, after an important win or even a trophy. After the Classico would have been as good a time as any, had they won. If they win the cup, another opportunity, to send out a message, big laporta up, and pick everyone up for the league run-in. Other than winning the league, whichnis a bit late to have the desired effect, this is probably the last best point to do it, imo.

So the fact these claims are out ahead of that game, sets a bit of a tone.

Whether there is truth or not to this claim, the timing is telling. I.e ahead if their cope del rey final.

In my mind, there are number of typical and preferable timing options, that if messi were to stay would be used to announce this.

One was more or less within the first week or so of laporta's taking over. Maximum effect. This hasn't happened. Two was during the international break.
Three is coming up, after an important win or even a trophy. After the Classico would have been as good a time as any, had they won. If they win the cup, another opportunity, to send out a message, big laporta up, and pick everyone up for the league run-in. Other than winning the league, whichnis a bit late to have the desired effect, this is probably the last best point to do it, imo.

It really wouldn't surprise me if they simply can't put anything on the table for him that isn't basically a massive insult..

Agreed. I think people forget about them leaking his contract to the press too. I bet he’s still a bit pissed off about that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.