Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seemingly if Juventus don't qualify for champions league Ronaldo is off and Griezmann will be the replacement.
More pressure on Messi as I can't see Aguero being match fit for a full season.

I don't really think it would be that much of a statement for us anymore because he is at the end of his career and is a Barca legend. I have always agreed with Pep that he should end his career at Barca he represents a moment in time when they were the envy of the football world they were not only successful but played beautiful football. Along with Xavi and Iniesta, Puyol etc they held such an aura that they seemed unbeatable. For me Messi is Barca and if he did come here it would just be a side note of his career. In the same way that Kun will be forever remembered for what he did for us, Messi will be remembered for his Barca career. For me Messi is the greatest footballer ever but I don't think it's the right move for us now.

maybe he wants to taste league football somewhere else and not regret never doing it ?
for me messi stayed far to long at barca and now its maybe to late because i think the club is in a right mess and it can not move forward because its always messi and nothing else

you need that drive of something new and messi been coasting for about 3 or 4 years now. maybe barcelona made him stay knowing the job of a rebuild would see barca drop even lower than 3rd this season. its took the 2nd part of the season to get a champions league place nailed down. the start of the season it looked way off and messi was still being talked about the so called move in the summer he wanted ?

your right if it means haaland or kane would not happen ? the messi deal would over take everything and maybe one or both could slip through the fingers and sign for somebody else. manchester city have changed under pep and now we are looking for value and longevity rather than a statement signing and showing off

messi will stay at barcelona and aguero signing will make his mind up for him. even if aguero plays 30 games next season he's bagging over 30 goals in his sleep

The man who broke Messi wanting to leave last year is saying that Messi has not decided to stay yet.

He continues saying: Barcelona is still waiting for the result of the audit it is doing to plan “the next 3 or 4 seasons”. The club knows that the hole is VERY deep and that it is difficult to promise anyone anything at this point

Well, what he is saying is that there hasn't even been an offer made yet, I wonder if he and Laporta have an under-the-table agreement of some sort.

Messi says he doesn't want to stick around for a rebuild and feels Barca can't win and at this stage of his career he wants to win trophy's, and while Laporta has probably tried everything to keep him, fundamentally understands it's time to move forward and wishes him the best of luck and moves on.

maybe he wants to taste league football somewhere else and not regret never doing it ?
for me messi stayed far to long at barca and now its maybe to late because i think the club is in a right mess and it can not move forward because its always messi and nothing else

you need that drive of something new and messi been coasting for about 3 or 4 years now. maybe barcelona made him stay knowing the job of a rebuild would see barca drop even lower than 3rd this season. its took the 2nd part of the season to get a champions league place nailed down. the start of the season it looked way off and messi was still being talked about the so called move in the summer he wanted ?

your right if it means haaland or kane would not happen ? the messi deal would over take everything and maybe one or both could slip through the fingers and sign for somebody else. manchester city have changed under pep and now we are looking for value and longevity rather than a statement signing and showing off

messi will stay at barcelona and aguero signing will make his mind up for him. even if aguero plays 30 games next season he's bagging over 30 goals in his sleep
I totally agree I wish this could have happened a few years ago but now it feels too late for me.

The man who broke Messi wanting to leave last year is saying that Messi has not decided to stay yet.

He continues saying: Barcelona is still waiting for the result of the audit it is doing to plan “the next 3 or 4 seasons”. The club knows that the hole is VERY deep and that it is difficult to promise anyone anything at this point

Goes with what is being hinted in the other thread on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.