Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're desperate to keep the guy so much that they're openly - and have been for years - fucking the whole club over financially to do so. It's amazing.
I don’t know. It’s hard to know if his wages exceed what he brings in. What is for sure is that they have signed some average players on barmy wages that they now cannot sell.

I don’t know. It’s hard to know if his wages exceed what he brings in. What is for sure is that they have signed some average players on barmy wages that they now cannot sell.

Absolute insanity the money they blew on Griezmann, Coutinho and Dembele.

Similar story at United. Madrid have been more unlucky than incompetent with with Bale and Hazard injury situations.

For all the talk of 'oil money' the only reason City have even been able to close the gap on these clubs on and off the pitch is the total incompetence with which they've been run. Barcelona in particular is abysmal.

Might be a bit early for that… Barca are far from being out of the woods. I often wonder why they don’t get a stadium sponsor, they would make a lot from that and bit the bullet with a shirt sponsor a while ago.

I'm sure they're considering every available option as we speak

I'm sure they're considering every available option as we speak
I had read months ago that some big teams want indeed find a suitable naming deal for their stadium. However, they are asking too much and they prefer holding rather than giving it away for a cheaper value. If they did, they couldn't ask for a premium price in the future.

PS : they indeed are/were working on naming :

In an "Ecofoot" article, it is said they are asking around 4 times the going rate of naming in Europe which is around 4 M a season.

Last edited:

Imagine.
My.
Surprise.

Have you read the article btw?

'But, contrary to reports of an imminent signing and announcement, those formalities are on hold, Sky Sports News has been told, with a final agreement still to be reached.'

Classic big claim headline countered or at the very least caveated within the body.

For clarity I'm not arguing he won't end up signing, my reaction was more or less the same as yours. Just pointing out that it is a bit loose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.