Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mister Appointment said:
waspish said:
Why don't Barcelona sack the manager? Or is doing what they want so they can sell Messi

It's difficult for them now because of the transfer ban. Enrique bought a good few players last summer and so it'd make sense to stick with him until the ban expires.

His relationship with Messi hasn't been great this season and if you add that into Messi's apparent dislike of the current Barca board, it does tend to suggest that the may be prepared to sell him.

However what I'm unsure on because it seems in classic FIFA/UEFA style it hasn't been made clear - is whether the transfer ban includes selling players. My understanding was that simply put Barca can't register new players, however others have suggested it means they can't sell either.

I'm pretty sure they can sell,what has gone on at board level has nothing to do with the players,if they were to stop a player moving and potentially earning more money,that would be the player being punished for something he has had nothing to do with...have I got that right?

Or what Aguero93:20, said.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Mister Appointment said:
waspish said:
Why don't Barcelona sack the manager? Or is doing what they want so they can sell Messi

It's difficult for them now because of the transfer ban. Enrique bought a good few players last summer and so it'd make sense to stick with him until the ban expires.

His relationship with Messi hasn't been great this season and if you add that into Messi's apparent dislike of the current Barca board, it does tend to suggest that the may be prepared to sell him.

However what I'm unsure on because it seems in classic FIFA/UEFA style it hasn't been made clear - is whether the transfer ban includes selling players. My understanding was that simply put Barca can't register new players, however others have suggested it means they can't sell either.
If Messi (or anyone else) decides to activate their release clause then the club has no say in the matter.

I suspect both FIFA and UEFA would have a say in the matter if the sanctions imposed include not allowing the club to sell players. My gut tells me this isn't the case though.

No chance Barca will get the full amount of Messi's release clause. The player himself has put enough groundwork in with his complaints about the board and his seeming unhappiness, that if/when the time comes for him to be sold the club will have to acquiesce with his wishes to want to leave.

If it's going to play out, that's how I think it'll play out. Messi will tell Barca "i want to move to X club to experience something new", the Barca board will then put a statement out saying that they cannot go against Messi's wishes after everything he's done for the club. The fee, baring in mind his age and the size of his contract, will be a world record but IMO not close to the 250 million euro current buy out. I'd say he'll end up moving for around 150 million euros.

I don't want to get too excited but fuck me, Barca are in a bad spot right now.

TonyM said:
We've only got 18 million though right? I'#m not sure if that's enough.

We may have to throw in Scott Sinclair - not being able to register him is a win win!

Mister Appointment said:
waspish said:

I think it would be impossible to stop them selling, firstly it would be a restraint on the players which I think would be illegal secondly if they needed to sell for financial reasons I don't think you could stop them, plus stopping them selling isn't really a punishment.

Can someone explain how Messi would be self financing?

Say £200m transfer fee is amortised to £50m a year and £15m annual salary (conservative) is £65m a year

Can anyone point to an example of where a clubs revenue has gone up by £60m due to the signing of one player. Granted Messi is top of the shop so can has increase of £30/40m been attributed to the signing of one player? Did Madrids go up significantly after any off their buys?

His current wages should not exclude him in the Summer as long as high percentage bonus based. I Think they would sell for around 100m.

Lionel Messi 27 £256,000 (after Tax)contract 4 Years until (2018)

jonmcity said:
His current wages should not exclude him in the Summer as long as high percentage bonus based. I Think they would sell for around 100m.

Why would Barca sell for £100m if he is making the club close to that figure every year?

johnmc said:
Can someone explain how Messi would be self financing?

Say £200m transfer fee is amortised to £50m a year and £15m annual salary (conservative) is £65m a year

Can anyone point to an example of where a clubs revenue has gone up by £60m due to the signing of one player. Granted Messi is top of the shop so can has increase of £30/40m been attributed to the signing of one player? Did Madrids go up significantly after any off their buys?
It wouldn't be £200m but much closer to £100m, probably £120m. I believe that's his buyout clause for a non-Spanish club. So that amortises to £24m a year. Let's say Nike & Etihad put in an additional £10m a year each. That reduces net amortisation to £4m. If he earnes £250k a week, a lot of that could be tied into commercial sponsorships (as happens with Rooney) plus we'd attract additional sponsorships from companies wanting to be associated. Let's say we sign up 4 new sponsors for £3m a year each, that effectively pays his wages.

The problem we seem to have is the net spend restriction, which carries on into 2015/16 according to UEFA. We'd probably have to sell two or three of our better players but if we can raise £60-70m then we'd probably be OK.

johnmc said:
jonmcity said:

Why would Barca sell for £100m if he is making the club close to that figure every year?

They dont need him. They have all the sponsorship in place and have in effect replaced him with Neymar and Suarez. He is not worth £100m to them. If they sell it would have very little effect on their income. It would greatly enhance ours.

Barca- the club has progressed from its own funds being 62 million euros negative (on June 30, 2010) to 50 million positive. “We used to have more debts than assets, and we have managed to turn things around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.