Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how much more time Messi will give them?

In a way it’s starting to become embarrassing for him don’t you think?

We currently have possibly the greatest footballer of all time now out of contract and waiting to be offered something…anything…by a club over £1 billion in debt. In addition the only way they can offer him anything is by sacking the majority of his fellow players.

The best he is going to be offered is a wage cut and the chance to play with an aging team with the majority of the best players gone and an unstable future.

It begs the question “What are you waiting for?”

So what do we think he is waiting for? He’s been treated badly by Barca and now they’re taking the piss out of him.
I do think he has give them a set date......as in "raise the money and I'll stay,if not,I have offers and I'm going".....hence the scrambling about by Laporta,trying to raise cash......can't be far off....maybe straight after Copa America.
I mean,if he has struck a deal with another club,surely they want to start marketing him ASAP?
Does Messi get a cut of the merchandise he sells?
If so,Barca still selling Messi stuff on their official site.
How can they pay someone who is no longer on the books?

I do think he has give them a set date......as in "raise the money and I'll stay,if not,I have offers and I'm going".....hence the scrambling about by Laporta,trying to raise cash......can't be far off....maybe straight after Copa America.
I mean,if he has struck a deal with another club,surely they want to start marketing him ASAP?
Does Messi get a cut of the merchandise he sells?
If so,Barca still selling Messi stuff on their official site.
How can they pay someone who is no longer on the books?
Particulary while they trying to avoid paying those that are on the books!

Barca are the new leeds.
Absolutely spot on. They were owed quite a bit from player sales but because they were in such a bad state they had to except much reduced pay offs from clubs that owed them. They were fucking rinsed by United for Rio and Alan Smith for the remaining balance

The underlying narrative is they need state finance to compete with us and PSG.
This is a club who were so rich once they didn't even need a shirt sponsor. Must have been all that state money propping them up

I wonder how much more time Messi will give them?

In a way it’s starting to become embarrassing for him don’t you think?

We currently have possibly the greatest footballer of all time now out of contract and waiting to be offered something…anything…by a club over £1 billion in debt. In addition the only way they can offer him anything is by sacking the majority of his fellow players.

The best he is going to be offered is a wage cut and the chance to play with an aging team with the majority of the best players gone and an unstable future.

It begs the question “What are you waiting for?”

So what do we think he is waiting for? He’s been treated badly by Barca and now they’re taking the piss out of him.

Barca‘s stance is also weird. I understand that Messi brings in more than he costs and is a huge asset financially and on the pitch but sacrificing everything to keep a 34 year old another two years? Is Messi that good that what remains will finish top 4? Maybe he is.

Dare I say, if he wasn't at the Copa America then it'd be sorted by now one way or another. Hope we see some movement after that's done because I'm sure he'd want his future sorted before having a break. It'll take Barca years to sort their finances judging by the news coming out of them in the past few days.

How have they ended up in such a state? I've just looked at their squad, and it doesn't look particularly bloated or anything.
I think because Messi was on the biggest contract in the history of sport - something like £1m a week, their other top stars demanded ridiculous contracts too.

Greiszmann £800k a week, DeJong £450k a week etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.