Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine it

I daren't even think it possible but I'd hate to see Chelsea snap him up

I dont understand why people think Messi could be burnt out by the age of 30! The position he plays in, his physique, his exceptional use of perfectly timed energy spurts means that he will clearly carry on at his level for 6/7 years. In footballing terms, at the current age of 27, quite clearly the equal best player on the planet with Ronaldo - now is exactly the time to make this happen.

The £300m/£350m that he could cost City over 5/6 years would be a fairly straight forward investment to recoup. For starters, all those moaners about empty seats would be blown out the water as we could be assured of every game being a sell out with our new capacity and the corporate hospitality would go through the roof. The commercial endorsements would probably add something in the region of £100m+ per annum and then just add on the absolutely huge growth in merchandise revenue - from around the world would end up probably creating something in the region of £150m - per year - extra in revenue. Within 2 season, City would be alongside Real Madrid or possibly even above them in terms of Revenue. Commercially, it would be a piece of piss for City to handle, even with all the bullshit FFP regulations in place.

The MCFC trajectory is only on the up. The planning and vision since the takeover is well under way, in place and proven. The only other two clubs that could compete financially would be PSG and Chelski. Messi would never go to PSG coz apart from them, the rest of french football is shite. Chelski are not on any kind of trajectory. They are land locked in terms of their stadium and even if they could either expand their ground or go for somewhere new, they are 4/5 years at least from realising that. Messi might quietly admire Maureen, but that in itself would not be enough of an attraction. They are just treading water going round and round in circles.

In terms of money, all 3 clubs would be on equal footing in terms of being able to bank roll the deal, but only City have the infrastructure, vision, trajectory and future that would be attractive to Messi - if he actually wanted to leave Barca.

All we need to do is beat barca home and away - and if that happens, consider the deal done!

Prestwich_Blue said:
How things have changed. Remember just 9 years ago when we were getting all giddy over Samaras? And now we're talking about Messi.
We could still have talked about it back then ;)

It there was ever a time Messi would leave Barca I reckon it's this summer.

Chelsea would no doubt be in for him but don't underestimate out influence in putting together a deal for him.

Aguero will no doubt be on the phone to him.

Txiki and Ferran will offer him all sorts of incentives no doubt as well, i.e. paying his tax bill.

I think this is all utter nonsense tbh. I wouldn't be surprised to see Luis Enrique leave and Messi getting another new contact because of this. He'll never leave Barcelona. The club clearly favours him above all and would be willing to rehash their entire management to please him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.