Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I think about last summer and how it played out, I feel we were just a pawn in Messi’s final goal.

But for what gain do you think? They wanted him to stay anyway and as he did not negotiate a new contract then, it was not to push up the offer.

If anything it would be this summer for him to bat his eyelids at us. I just think the stars didn’t align sadly.

It really won't matter though, as he didn't so who fucking cares how close he was or wasn't.

Not been and never will be a city player so his story of nearly signing is about as uninteresting as many others who have "nearly" signed. But never as interesting as the Geoff Thomas debarcle.

he will either be remebered as the greatest footballer of any genration or a man who never proved himself by doing it in multiple leagues like other greats such as maradona and 'spits' fake ronaldo.

That will be each persons individual opinion and probably argued about for a long while

Its actually quite incredible how we have had two footballers, for such a long period, both at the pinnacle of the game and some distance above their peers. But for me it will always be Messi.

I think it will be interesting to see in 5/10 years time, when the story comes out, how close he was to signing for us.

It was quite clear his issue was the previous chairman and so rather than playing us, the circumstances have changed, and you can see the motivations for him staying rather than uprooting his family, being a one club man and the advantages of being within a spanish speaking country.

It was just not to be sadly.

Some posters on this thread will still want us signing him in another 10 years!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.