Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but mbappe is a prick and full of himself
It's not just mbappe. Everyone said the same thing and no one denied whatever mbappe said. I don't believe anyone thinks there is an ounce of competition in French league. PSG lost because players lacked motivation and also they have gaint ego!

Funny (peculiar) situation developing. Surreal, almost.

Messi has spent a lot of his renewal times flirting with City. Now he gets the chance to join, he eyeballs PSG instead?

We, obviously, don't have any exclusive rights to him, but ffs! Seems like all the previous flirtations was posturing.

If City have now knocked him back as we have other irons in the fire, then I stand corrected.
PSG want him. I can see why PSG is attractive to him. Money. CL football, and that side is very strong so he can win titles there and in many games they can do a Barca and overwhelm weaker league opponents despite carrying him.

Messi at City would get absolutely destroyed at places like Anfield. It would be humiliating. The first priority of modern club football is that you are physically able to put in the km and close your opponent down off the ball. Messi operates by conserving his energy so that he hovers waiting for the ball. He doesn't close people down.

Marketing extravaganza, footballing disaster. Stay well clear.

The french league don’t have ffp premier does so even if uefa sack off ffp Gill the **** will still keep ffp in the premier and probably tweak it again to benefit his club some how! It’s a fcuking scam!

Even if ffp was scrapped in premier and by uefa we as a club would continue as we have a well run business!

Think its financially impossible. Our wages are sky high at £352m, biggest ever in English football history and now we add Grealish + numerous contract extensions like Stones, Sterling, Ederson to follow.

Extending contract to players reduces your wage bill

Barca being skint doesn't mean Messi hasn't been a cash machine for them. reports suggest messi was responsible for about 30% of Barcelonas entire revenue. He brought in literally hundreds of millions more for Barcelona over his career than he's earned from them. He not only pays for himself he pays for half the squad too. It's not his fault barca made that much and still squandered it all.

And so have we. Its no different from the villa fans rattling on about ffp with us this week
If he's responsible for 30% of Barca's revenue (which I very much doubt), that means he's responsible for 17% of their deficit. Working out the cost of Messi based on the 30% metric in pounds pence & shillings means Messi earns £107m per year, & brings in £170m.

Are you seriously suggesting that sponsors, TV companies & merchandising buying fans are more interested in Messi than Barca winning?

Messi is the superstar of the superstar winning team. Take away the winning & the superstars don't matter. It's crazy that one player can account for 17% of your gross costs.

It's not just mbappe. Everyone said the same thing and no one denied whatever mbappe said. I don't believe anyone thinks there is an ounce of competition in French league. PSG lost because players lacked motivation and also they have gaint ego!

I don't think the french league is competative, when compared to others, but Lille rightfully won it as the best and consistant team PSG never lost it.

It is pure arrogance from PSG players, fans and press to assume they lost it and were the bwst team, as clearly there were not because they were 2nd.

Not hat it matters in this conversation, messi goes there for comfort and cash, can probably get 40 goal in League un and his fanclub can claim it proves he can do it in any league.

Still in maradonas shaddow for me.

Another issue is when you get numerous sponsors to fund the deal, do those same sponsors start dictating how many games he plays and which games?

The mega stars are great to have but also come with huge baggage and at 34 , despite still GOAT status, that baggage could cause a lot of problems.
And the more I contemplate it, the less worth it the hassle seems. At his age, & with where City are at, he's not our future, he would merely be the cherry on top.

£100m per year in wages is fuckin crazy! :-|

Think its financially impossible. Our wages are sky high at £352m, biggest ever in English football history and now we add Grealish + numerous contract extensions like Stones, Sterling, Ederson to follow.
Where have you got that from?

All the list you get on a search has chelsea highest and rags 2nd, with us 3rd on £114,660,000

nah, he'll be paid handsomely to play the game and will also have a much better shot at another cl there than in barcelona
Think of the physical demands of CL quarter-finals, semi-finals and finals. The group stages are often a joke and hopelessly one-sided.

I don't want my side to be come a marketing side who are vulnerable to a determined opponent. I want more than anything to see City win week in week out. We can't carry players. If PSG want to do this there will be a huge footballing cost.

This worries me because Manchester have far more to gain from Messi marketing wise than any other club because of the City Football Group. This must tempt our executives but for the fans of MCFC it would be a disaster whether they realise it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.