Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny as fuck if he ditches them now after all this! As long as he doesn’t go to Chelsea or the rags that is!
Definitely a pattern emerging here. The Tone has dramatically changed too over the last few hours.

Perhaps this whole circus has startled Messi.

Definitely a pattern emerging here. The Tone has dramatically changed too over the last few hours.

Perhaps this whole circus has startled Messi.
Or else the media need to keep reporting a slightly different angle every day or so to keep people interested, because people wouldn't watch if the story was "he's going to sign for someone but no one knows who" for two weeks.

It’s all a bit odd isn’t it? All gone quiet. PSG fans looking like fools at the airport. Nailed on but is it really??

Maybe..... Just maybe we have been letting Grealish have all his hype and big few days as we didn’t want to steal his thunder. So Messi and city are just waiting a few days before announcing we’re signing him.

Ay Lads? Lads?
And did you see the reaction when grealish seen the number 10 on his shirt?
He almost seemed shocked, like he'd been told Messi is taking another number :)

And 3..2..1 and you're back in the room.

Thank God some of the people on this thread don't run City.

We'd be broke in a fortnight.
What are you on about? The fact is Messi and Ronaldo uniquely bring in more than they are paid and are brilliant players.

Looking for a rip off merchant? Try RSC or Mangala. How clever were those deals?

Messi reportedly sells 2 million shirts a year. No reason to think he wouldn't do the same here, there's a strong argument to say he could sell more with it being a new club. Shirts are £70 a pop, it's probably closer to £100 per person with shirt printing, full kit and extras. Clubs get 15% generally that's potentially about £30 million a year right there purely from shirts. Then if puma are paying us £75 million a year as you say, for a million shirts sold, there's zero chance that doesn't instantly get renegotiated when Messi is more than doubling sales.

The same thing happens with all our other sponsors and partnerships as well as all the new deals we suddenly get. The prospect of having adidas' star man decked in puma gear every week is going to be worth what can only be described as a shit load to them.

I have no idea how messi's image rights currently work or would work here, I assume we wouldn't be in a position to get a slice of that pie and he would keep hold of them all exclusively but we would certainly benefit heavily from having him associated with City.

Doesn't matter if we already sell out most games, do you think all match day tickets will be offered at a tenner for early champions league games when there's a queue of foreign fans willing to pay whatever city ask? Season ticket holders would hopefully still get a fair deal but those match day tickets go through the roof as City sell a chunk of them to tourists that come for the game, buy all the kit and merchandise in the shop, go on the stadium tour etc. tunnel club becomes immeasurably more attractive too. There's plenty of revenue to be made from match day

There's reports that estimate Messi is responsible for around 30% of barcas revenue so it doesn't seem unrealistic.
Thanks for trying to explain, but I don’t believe your figures are correct for one second

Not sure how Messi can sell circa 2 million Barca shirts per annum seeing as Barca sold less than 2 million shirts in 2018/19, so unless you believe they will sell none in future, that figure has to be absolutely rubbish. Maybe every shirt sold had Messi’s name on the back, but that doesn’t mean these Barca shirts won’t be sold with another name on the back in future. Or did you mean he’s got a market stall & has literally sold the shirts himself?

Clearly neither can be true

Plucking a % out of thin air adds no weight to your explanation, unless of course you’ve seen the contract?

CFG reportedly receive UPTO £65m/year reportedly

From Puma CEO Mr Gulden said the deal with City included a fixed retainer, a bonus based on sporting achievements and a royalty element.

That sounds very much like that pay us x guaranteed, pay us y with performance related pay & pay z for commission on shirt sales

We have no idea what that commission is or even if it’s commission on everything or commission only on shirts sold after a specific number has been sold

With all that in mind, there’s absolutely no chance, let alone evidence, that we would sell another 2 million shirts & as we have no idea on the % commission is & commission on what, that £30m you mentioned has to be completely incorrect

Tickets. Of course it matters that we already sell out the stadium. Our match day revenue is about £55m. The vast majority of which are season card holders. I don’t know how many match day tickets are available per game, but at a guess, I’d estimate about 5k. I don’t for one minute believe that the club would all of a sudden be able to or even try to sell these at a premium price due to Messi playing, but let’s say they do. Average ticket price is what, £30 at the mo? So at 30ish home games per season, we currently make circa £4.5m from non season card supporters. Even doubling this to £60/game would only earn an extra £4.5m/season. Plus in these Covid times, how many tourists are you expecting to want tickets each game?

Reports that Messi is responsible for 30% of Barca’s revenue? Where’s that figure from? That’s about £230milliin per annum, so if what you state is true, Barca’s revenue will be expected to drop almost 1/4 billion quid this year. I’m pretty damn sure that’s not going to happen, so that 30% figure has to be completely fabricated

The only way I can see it being cost neutral is by increasing commercial revenue by around 20%, which could be possible but it’s a huge ask, especially in the current financial climate

Happy to see some evidence to prove me wrong tho, but I’m yet to see anything factual

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.