Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Truth

Is he unsettled? Unlikely but I suspect this might be the first time that other options might actually start to be considered. Although I imagine that who is coaching going forward and a return to a possession based approach will figure into things too. He's blaugrana through & through but even Pep left as a player when he thought it was the right time

Still believe he stays but the first time there is some doubt
Pep can get messi to be the best in the world again something that might not happen if he stays at Barca

Pep can get messi to be the best in the world again something that might not happen if he stays at Barca

I suspect we're reaching a point where Messi might want the move more than City crave it.

Watching Barcelona the other night was pretty painful, and to be honest the signs have been there in the last 18 months that Enrique has built a side which does nothing more than get the ball to MSN and then hopes for the best. Plus doing things like picking Gomes above Rakitic is proper 'i wanna get sacked' behaviour. The pressure of that job is immense though.

I suspect we're reaching a point where Messi might want the move more than City crave it.

Watching Barcelona the other night was pretty painful, and to be honest the signs have been there in the last 18 months that Enrique has built a side which does nothing more than get the ball to MSN and then hopes for the best. Plus doing things like picking Gomes above Rakitic is proper 'i wanna get sacked' behaviour. The pressure of that job is immense though.
Barcelona are in a bad way on and off the pitch the people running the club have created a toxic atmosphere
Pep is in full control and is building not just a team but a club that will change world football

Tend to agree. Do think the fact that Enrique looks absolutely nailed on to leave in the summer makes a big difference
I cannot for the life of me see Barcelona employing a new coach and asking him to revive the side without Messi, of whom they just sold to us in the wake of sacking the manager
Imagine the pressure and situation the manager would face then. I hear Messi has a big say in who even gets appointed; that Martino choice must have come from him, so he aint gonna pick the manager then bin it off is he? I'm not sure but I agree with the train of thought that he either goes this season or re-signs for life, with this probably being the last time his contract is anywhere near up and his market value is still at a premium.

Part of me thinks they probably need him to go to renovate the entire team anyway, but a new youthful and promising squad doesnt scream 'we've got the best player in the world' so...

Truth

Is he unsettled? Unlikely but I suspect this might be the first time that other options might actually start to be considered. Although I imagine that who is coaching going forward and a return to a possession based approach will figure into things too. He's blaugrana through & through but even Pep left as a player when he thought it was the right time

Still believe he stays but the first time there is some doubt

He hardly looked excited last night after scoring a late match winning goal,face like thunder,although it is highly unlikely you'll admit it,but that looked like a player to me who didn't seem arsed whether he scored or not,he smashed it home,like a training ground penalty,just whacked it,but all does not seem well

He hardly looked excited last night after scoring a late match winning goal,face like thunder,although it is highly unlikely you'll admit it,but that looked like a player to me who didn't seem arsed whether he scored or not,he smashed it home,like a training ground penalty,just whacked it,but all does not seem well

I saw the reaction alter, ****watch the match live - I don't agree with your assessment, I believe he is frustrated at Lucho's approach and having to grind out wins

I saw the reaction alter, ****watch the match live - I don't agree with your assessment, I believe he is frustrated at Lucho's approach and having to grind out wins

It must be very hard for you to see it,I would probably be the same if it was City,but I've a feeling this will be the last you see of him in a Barca shirt this season,I'm not saying he will come to City but he might well do,the rumours never go away,sorry

It must be very hard for you to see it,I would probably be the same if it was City,but I've a feeling this will be the last you see of him in a Barca shirt this season,I'm not saying he will come to City but he might well do,the rumours never go away,sorry

No, no apologies necessary - every club would love Messi. All things considered, it's unimaginable but there is a divide between the lockerroom, coach & board - the entorno

Whether that means Leo leaves is harder to gauge, I still believe it's very unlikely he goes to City but the chances are better than they have ever been

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.