Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
because of the wages its simple ? football players are greedy and like it or not if somebody offer double what your offering you would be a fool to turn it down

i said if city have not got messi in contract and signed and done and dusted, then its not going to happen after today news about the transfer request from messi ? bid war will start and only 2 club daft enough are united and PSG
No I was asking the other poster why he would go in there, he was going in the rag cafe

Not sure that whatsisname resigning will be enough for Messi to change his mind, I think the problems run deeper at Barcelona

I don't think so. It's probably the biggest hurdle, but if he wanted Bartomeu gone he could have made an ultimatum privately or publicly without going nuclear and handing in a transfer request.
I kind of think this as well. Getting rid of Bartomeu isn't suddenly going to solve all the problems of that Barca squad and make them competitive for the coming season. That squad needs a few years to get back up to their usual level and I don't think he wants to wait.

Yeah their board are cunty but I think just these days of strongly threatening to leave and watching the reaction from the fans would be enough to put them in their place. I mean he has the mediatic and public-image power to change things from the inside.
Going away now hurts the whole team, club and fans when his grudge was just with the board.
It's not unheard of in the history of transfers but it's the type of figure he is for Barça that makes it more surprising.
It is important to note that there is very likely more to this than simply the Messi-Board-Bartomeu mutual feud.

The club as a whole — because of the nature of his contract and their current precarious financial and sporting position — *could* potentially benefit from him leaving.

That’s obviously based on an optimal outcome, but this is the first time any such optimal outcome with such seismic conditions could even be imagined, much less realised.

Between Messi’s apparent transfer request and rumours of Bartomeu’s resignation, it should be a very interesting next few weeks.

This would bd the greatest signing we could ever make if it happens

don’t break my heart messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.