Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m on the fence with this... Yes Messi at city would create a higher status for us and probably elevate us to that ‘Elite’ status. But at what cost? Kev should be captain this coming season but do you think Messi would not request the captaincy in his delivery? The potential unrest it could cause worries me. There’s no doubt, even at 33, he’d still be a threat and no doubt he’d bring in a tonne of cash through various means, but I have a niggling doubt.
i also think we are being used but on the flip side the club are happy to be in this instance. Being linked to Messi isn’t a bad bit of PR nor is it doing us any harm when negotiating other signings. We deny it all the way but let the rumours grow regardless. Very clever in my opinion. But if we decide it is doable and pull it off, then it’s a win win. I just think the money involved would be justifiable when others will want pay rises.

Youre overthinking it. Every single player would be delighted to play with him. He's the greatest of all time. It really is as simple as that.

Is anyone else erect that according to all the Barca tier 1 sources - Messi has sought City our? Times have changed.

I really hope he retires in Napoli and we invest £60+ mil somewhere else.
To quote myself, this is what I wrote on Sunday in that Napoli CBs thread. And voila, use 30 mil to top up salaries of all the squad players we deem indispensable and 30 mil directly into Lionel account and let the circus start.....:) :) :)

Well if it's a free transfer we'd be foolish not to look at it but I'm not keen.

It's pretty obvious that Barcelona have decided that this is the time to cut their ties with Messi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.