Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you seriously need to be so confrontational? Some fans really are on a short fuse to rip into others, without going down the thread to read further replies.
I just went to the first unread post bud, as for 'confrontational' is it the wrong time of the month for you because that was posted as a joke.

Fuck that. Here in lies the issue for me if he joins he joins because he wants to be part of Manchester City. Aguero is one of our legends, Messi doesn’t arrive and take that man’s shirt. He picks another number and that’s it. If he won’t accept those terms fuck him.
100% agreed

Where else would he go? Providing he still has faith in his ability, I only see him at City. I feel that at 33 it will not have a fairy tale finish. Football is so physically demanding. Players like Toure, David Silva. Aguero all reach an age when they cannot go on as before but no one wants to believe this.

It is enough for some that Messi signs for City. A circus is about to start. I would have preferred City to go all out to win the title back, and challenge for the Champions league with players like Koulibaly. City have now been presented with Messi and I don't see how City can refuse the opportunity to sign him. The fans will love it for now. City were runners up to Liverpool. We fell just short in the Champions League, but whisper it so did Messi. For now all that will go on hold.
I know you’re not keen on him for a number of reasons but we need to ask ourself, is he currently better than David silva. My answer would be definitely yes, and many wanted David to sign an extension for 1 or 2 years.
If the numbers add up for the club then I think it gets done and we enjoy the show.
I also don’t think original transfer plans will be affected one jot, still expect Koubaily and possibly another one.
Club have the money and desire, they are not fucking around. Just my view though

If we do get him expect some crazy player plus cash deal where Jesus or someone gets valued at £100million so it looks great in their accounts
Jesus probably is worth £100million. Now if we can get Otamendi valued at £100million then that would be impressive.

I've always thought that was down to Argentinian tactics in major tournaments rather than any incompatibility between the two. If Messi does sign for us I think the balance of his output would swing towards assists, not that he wouldn't score a lot of goals but not the 40+ he was getting regularly at Barca.
Indeed for Argentina it seems to be like us with Kinky....give him the ball and watch what he does, very very little tactics.

You're making assumptions based off of the trajectory of normal athletes of yesteryear. He's had very little if any degradation these past couple seasons (well he did drop off from 60 plus goal and assist contributions to a measly 51). You're looking at 35 + 45 IF he drops off significantly for us which won't happen. Even if in that third year he plays 2000 minutes instead of the 4000ish he usually plays that's still 25 plus...KDB was probably third in the baloon d'or this season with 30.

His level will be just fine.
Messi went to Anfield more than 12 months ago and it ended sadly but City fans want to dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.