Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Promising post retirement roles as well, i would bet on him signing a new contract and staying there for good.

I would have, before anyway, now even more so.

He wanted to leave because the sporting project was shit and they weren’t investing. Add Barto to that too.

Barto may have gone but they’re not going to be able to rebuild the squad with no money and having to halve their wage bill.

We’ll see, though, if he was serious about coming or whether it was a move to get Barto out the club because the ‘project’ can’t be done this Summer and he’s running out of time at the top level.

I wish we'd just fuck this idea off.
I can see the appeal to CFG of getting Messi as it helps promote the brand. I read reports of him maybe moving to New York after a spell with us. This would do a lot to increase the value of the New York club.

However, as far as playing for City is concerned I still struggle to figure out where he fits in our team. His closest comparison is KDB and I’m sure he’s not taking his place.

I think this is only a good idea if we get him in a straight swap for Garcia.

I can see the appeal to CFG of getting Messi as it helps promote the brand. I read reports of him maybe moving to New York after a spell with us. This would do a lot to increase the value of the New York club.

However, as far as playing for City is concerned I still struggle to figure out where he fits in our team. His closest comparison is KDB and I’m sure he’s not taking his place.

What does getting him in a straight swap change?

We either get him on a free next summer or we give a nominal fee now to Barca so they can clear his wages for the rest of the season. Next summer is likely I reckon, he probably still hopes Barca will have some fans in the stadium so he can have a farewell by the end of the season.

What does getting him in a straight swap change?

We either get him on a free next summer or we give a nominal fee now to Barca so they can clear his wages for the rest of the season. Next summer is likely I reckon, he probably still hopes Barca will have some fans in the stadium so he can have a farewell by the end of the season.
If t stories of us selling Garcia for £7/8m are true, then a straight swap represents “nominal value” for Messi.

We'll get him on a free in the summer IMO.

I think he'll replace Mahrez, but I wouldn't rule out him playing in the old David Silva role against weaker sides.

He'll be 34 so I think he'll have to accept he won't be playing 90 minutes every game and save himself for the big moments in games like Ronaldo and Ibrahimovic do.

The most important thing is that we have a top quality squad that Messi simply gets added to. He's the icing on the already Champions League contending cake.

And we're not far away. A mobile defensive midfield option and a left back and we're sorted.

We'll get him on a free in the summer IMO.

I think he'll replace Mahrez, but I wouldn't rule out him playing in the old David Silva role against weaker sides.

He'll be 34 so I think he'll have to accept he won't be playing 90 minutes every game and save himself for the big moments in games like Ronaldo and Ibrahimovic do.

The most important thing is that we have a top quality squad that Messi simply gets added to. He's the icing on the already Champions League contending cake.

And we're not far away. A mobile defensive midfield option and a left back and we're sorted.
Zakaria seems like he might be the man.

However, as far as playing for City is concerned I still struggle to figure out where he fits in our team.

Really? We’re a shambles in the final third at the moment. At least compared to what we were.

He’s a better finisher than Aguero. He’s better in possession of the ball than Silva was at his peak. His passing isn’t far off De Bruyne’s either and his free kicks are better.

I’d have him alongside De Bruyne in midfield tbh but with the possibility of him playing a false 9 if needed.

Messi and De Bruyne feeding our front 3 would be fantastic to see.

Really? We’re a shambles in the final third at the moment. At least compared to what we were.

He’s a better finisher than Aguero. He’s better in possession of the ball than Silva was at his peak. His passing isn’t far off De Bruyne’s either and his free kicks are better.

I’d have him alongside De Bruyne in midfield tbh but with the possibility of him playing a false 9 if needed.

Messi and De Bruyne feeding our front 3 would be fantastic to see.

If we had Messi as one of the number 8s then we'd need somebody a lot more mobile than Rodri as the holding midfielder - coming from a guy who is a Rodri lover!

If we got Messi, I assume he'd be used across the front 3 or we'd change the formation to suit.

I'd personally prefer him as a false 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.