Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
His wages are that crippling so to speak ?

Not crippling, but the best part of £230k a week and, yes, it is that high for a reason, as a club legend.

Call it £12m a year, it has to be a consideration for any long-term striker we do identify?

Someone like Haaland would easily be able to demand that.

If Sergio is offered £100k a week and bonuses for success, is he the type of person to accept it, I don't know?

Toure agreed something similar when we gave him another 12 months.

Dilemma for Sergio must be that he can easily collect £10m plus this summer as a signing on fee before wages as a freebie.

Hopefully everybody is sensible and we get to see Sergio for another year.

Last edited:
Not crippling, but the best part of £230k a week and, yes, it is that high for a reason, as a club legend.

Call it £12m a year, it has to be a consideration for any long-term striker we do identify?

Someone like Haaland would easily be able to demand that.

If Sergio is offered £100k a week and bonuses for success, is he the type of person to accept it, I don't know?

Toure agreed something similar when we gave him another 12 months.

Dilemma for Sergio must be that he can easily collect £10m plus this summer as a signing on getting before wages as a freebie.

Hopefully everybody is sensible and we get to see Sergio for another year.

Aguero's issue will be that nobody not even Barca/Real will give him what he wants at his age. The reality of their financial situations is such that they are trying to SELL over 30 players on big wages. Can't see how they justify adding Kun.

I see it like this.

Haaland replaces Aguero's wages.

Messi pays for himself as per Omar's interview with the Athletic.

If they wanna keep Aguero, they should find a buyer for Jesus and then buy Haaland.

Whatever happens, it's going to be a box office summer!

Have you hacked my emails ;)

Jesus is the one I suspect will be deemed acceptable damage in keeping Sergio another season AND buying Haaland/another top grade forward.

As you say, Messi is a stand alone and always has been, financially speaking.

I see it like this.

Haaland replaces Aguero's wages.

Messi pays for himself as per Omar's interview with the Athletic.

If they wanna keep Aguero, they should find a buyer for Jesus and then buy Haaland.

Whatever happens, it's going to be a box office summer!
How confident are you it will be Haaland?

Have you hacked my emails ;)

Jesus is the one I suspect will be deemed acceptable damage in keeping Sergio another season AND buying Haaland/another top grade forward.

As you say, Messi is a stand alone and always has been, financially speaking.
Surely if Jesus goes we’d then have to replace him when Messi / Aguero would leave and that wouldnt be cheap. Is that a case of they’ll deal with it when they get there?

Paris would be mad to swap two players in their prime for 2 thirty somethings! Neymar's agreed a new deal anyway, and I suspect that Mbappe will in the coming months too.

The real rival for Messi will be the MLS franchises and whoever the new Barca president is.
Neymar is about to renew according to the rumours (Bechler is pretty reliable).

I don't think PSG would swap Mbappé for Messi willingly, it is prolly that Mbappé wants to leave anyway.

With Neymar renewal without a raise, PSG free up around 35 M a year. That would probably be enough for Ramos who i think is just using us to get a new contract, but there is no way PSG can afford Messi while keeping both. Even then, it would mean the team wouldn't get the vital reinforcements it needs.

Aguero's issue will be that nobody not even Barca/Real will give him what he wants at his age. The reality of their financial situations is such that they are trying to SELL over 30 players on big wages. Can't see how they justify adding Kun.

An imperfect storm? Sergio has limited options despite his big name status.

Haaland and Mbappe can still dictate to the market because they represent world class, long-term value.

Keeping a 33 year old injury prone Aguero as back up to Haaland and selling off 23 year old Jesus would be one of the biggest mistakes of the past 13 years of Abu Dhabi ownership in my opinion.

Best case scenario, 12 months later we'd be back in the market for a back up striker having given Aguero his year alongside Messi and we'd not get anyone better than Jesus.

More likely scenario - Haaland gets injured during the 50% of the season Aguero is likely to be out too leaving us with no striker cover. Like Dzeko did 5 years ago, Jesus scores 40+ goals in a side that starts him every week and lets him build up his confidence (all he'd have to do is score at the rate he did last season). Everyone at the club look like complete tits for selling one of the best young strikers in the world in a depressed transfer market and replacing him for a lot more money a year later.

Surely if Jesus goes we’d then have to replace him when Messi / Aguero would leave and that wouldnt be cheap. Is that a case of they’ll deal with it when they get there?

No idea mate, I had been told it is Messi and another striker this summer.

We also really want Grealish this summer, so fuck knows all the moving parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.