Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched that game and he was at walking pace for most of it. He was at the hub of everything Barcelona did but you cannot play like that. BT enthused over him but I've watched Juve and Barcelona go out on successive nights and in both cases the sides are unbalanced by trying to fit once great players into their side.

I watched that game and he was at walking pace for most of it. He was at the hub of everything Barcelona did but you cannot play like that. BT enthused over him but I've watched Juve and Barcelona go out on successive nights and in both cases the sides are unbalanced by trying to fit once great players into their side.
The difference is Barca are shite and we’ve already got a solid team. Adding Messi will not harm us at all. Imagine being able to rotate the greatest player in recent times?

Plus they get the added benefit of pissing off Griezmann even more. The sacrificial media scapegoat representing the bartomeu era.

Even opens up the option of selling him and bringing some cash in, to whoever is willing to pay.

Their big promblem will becseloing players whose value has vanished, dembele, coutinho etc. Griezmann you'd think still has some value though.
Does Griezmann have any value given his salary?

Greizmann salary is reported to be be like £800k a week & his contract runs till summer 2024 so he’s not really motivated to take a cut.

Very few clubs could afford his salary, and any deal I suspect would be structured as a signing on bonus of £70m paid over 3/4 years plus £350k weekly salary (which rough equates to what he’s earning now) i can’t see any club willing to pay a transfer fee on top of this.

The Issue with Barcelona is not just that they bought badly but they have a team on very high salaries which means they have effectively zero transfer value.

Obviously if his salary is lower a deal become more possible but it was rumoured he was available in the January transfer window but there was no buyers, as such even if his salary is lower Barcelona arent like to get much if any money in for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.