Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I'd love to see Messi play for us there's a part of me that wants us to write our own history - three signings this summer including Haarland and maybe Grealish added to the present squad - with this manager and staff would probably be the greatest squad ever assembled in British Football.... somehow I think a lot of people will say Pep is covering old ground with Messi and maybe there's an element of truth in that - this squad with the likes of Bernardo and Foden can really go places, buckle up cos the football establishment are really gonna hate us when they wake up to what we have planned.

Because you aren't Lionel Messi or his agent, President of Barcelona, Txiki, Ferran, Pep or anyone who would have any idea. No one is gonna listen to some random yank on an internet forum when you tell them City ain't signing Messi.
You are not an authority on this.

FWIW I think he will stay at Barcelona but your confusion as to why people don't take your posts as gospel is kinda baffling tbh.
What makes you think the President of Barcelona would have a scooby?

;)

Reactions: kun
As much as I'd love to see Messi play for us there's a part of me that wants us to write our own history - three signings this summer including Haarland and maybe Grealish added to the present squad - with this manager and staff would probably be the greatest squad ever assembled in British Football.... somehow I think a lot of people will say Pep is covering old ground with Messi and maybe there's an element of truth in that - this squad with the likes of Bernardo and Foden can really go places, buckle up cos the football establishment are really gonna hate us when they wake up to what we have planned.
Exactly my thinking.Hoping he stays put.

"Really, if Manchester City win the Champions League, Pep Guardiola could return to coaching Barcelona, he'd walk back to Barcelona," ESPN journalist Christian Martin said.

"It'd be another point to convince Messi.

"It would end an era after winning the Champions League having renewed the squad.

"Even if Koeman is recovering form now, Guardiola and Arteta would be the possible options to replace him.

"I Imagine Aguero and Guardiola being the key to convince Messi."

Aye mate, aye.

"Really, if Manchester City win the Champions League, Pep Guardiola could return to coaching Barcelona, he'd walk back to Barcelona," ESPN journalist Christian Martin said.

"It would end an era after winning the Champions League having renewed the squad.

"Even if Koeman is recovering form now, Guardiola and Arteta would be the possible options to replace him.

Aye mate, aye.
He's never going back to Barca as senior coach, too much bullshit, politics and backstabbing. He might go back to do the academy one day but seeing as he's recently spoken about staying in club management for longer that's unlikely to be anytime soon.

Aye mate, aye.
What a disgusting lie. #FreeMessi

Aye mate, aye.
In an interview not many months ago he said, and couldn’t have made it any clearer, that he will never go back to Barca to be their coach

In an interview not many months ago he said, and couldn’t have made it any clearer, that he will never go back to Barca to be their coach
Yes he did. And I think the Barcaphiles tend to take a very rosy view of the attractiveness of the club. Pep has always said that it's the players who win the trophies and that having the best players is the key. Hence City spend a lot of money. Barcelona do not have a lot of money, in fact they don't have any money and they need to replace about half the team. So come back to Barca, Pep, and the free transfers will rush in to follow!

Messi might just find moving in the other direction the best way of working with Pep again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.