Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Messi decides to stay in Barcelona I would just want to know the reason why ?
Not the media bullshit loyalty and what not - His own personal reasons. And i know I won't be getting that answer.

A finished debilitating club who is trying hard to survive with a subpar manager and a recent humiliating number of results in the last 3 4 years. Also players who want to stay only for the mine. Presidents who can't move beyond politics and the leaks about his salary to the press by few of them.

After giving them his everything. He could have left at the age of 30 31 , gone to a new league and created a chasm between everyone and himself as the greatest ever. he has not won the ucl in 5 years now and even la liga is not a certainty.

Just makes me wonder

If he is not registered, he must now technically be a free agent, although who will offer a flat footed, vertically challenged CB, 400k week?
Yes but the point that interests me is that Garcia and Depay refused offers of contracts from clubs which could pay them to sign for Barcelona. Barcelona then said it could only pay half of what it promised and now can't pay them anything because it can't register them. La liga and UEFA must surely find this unacceptable, as the courts may well, and Barcelona should surely be made to honour the original contract it offered?

Don’t see what has changed in a year for Messi to:

A) see barca as a place where he can compete at he highest level- he mentioned last summer he still had goals and big ambition to compete and mentioned balon d’or. Barca will certainly have a weaker side than last season where they finished 3rd and got dumped out of CL early

B) view PSG’s project as appealing- didn’t his dad say they weren’t interested in PSG’s project last summer?

Since last summer he hasn’t said much about his intentions. This next week might get interesting- whatever happens. Glad the thread wasn’t locked despite the calls from one or two oddballs

Laliga can't afford for a weak Barca and no Messi.

The drain of talent can't continue and in my opinion it won't be allowed to in terms of Messi leaving.

Compromises will be made, as you quite rightly say, the rules for the rich, wealthy and famous are different, always have been and always will.
La liga will have that in 2 years regardless

If Messi decides to stay in Barcelona I would just want to know the reason why ?
Not the media bullshit loyalty and what not - His own personal reasons. And i know I won't be getting that answer.

A finished debilitating club who is trying hard to survive with a subpar manager and a recent humiliating number of results in the last 3 4 years. Also players who want to stay only for the mine. Presidents who can't move beyond politics and the leaks about his salary to the press by few of them.

After giving them his everything. He could have left at the age of 30 31 , gone to a new league and created a chasm between everyone and himself as the greatest ever. he has not won the ucl in 5 years now and even la liga is not a certainty.

Just makes me wonder
Because he wants to play with memphis Depie.

Laliga can't afford for a weak Barca and no Messi.

The drain of talent can't continue and in my opinion it won't be allowed to in terms of Messi leaving.

Compromises will be made, as you quite rightly say, the rules for the rich, wealthy and famous are different, always have been and always will.

I don’t think so Tebas wants the shiny new toy. He wants Mbappe and Haaland in la liga they are the the new shiny young superstars that can be sold. Messi is 34 years old if he was younger I could see La liga bend over backwards for him to sign the Barca deal but I don’t think Tebas wants him anymore

I agree with what you've said, however, he isn't going back on his word if the league agree to change the rules. He'd only need to ensure they comply with the new rules :-)
I think the problem is that Tebas is so clearly identified with such measures as the wage cap. He rose to his present lofty position as the hard man who would clean up the finances of la liga and he's already made life difficult for some well known clubs. A climb down now in favour of Barcelona would be a highly embarrassing and possibly career ending step.
Why don't barca sell the naming rights for nou camp? They could wipe out their debt with a 20 year deal to name the stadium presuming a major company wood be willing to pay it all up front
Isn't the problem that the stadium wold rarely, if ever, be referred to as, for example "the San Miguel Nou Camp"? And unless San Miguel sponsored UEFA it couldn't be known as such on European nights.

I don’t think so Tebas wants the shiny new toy. He wants Mbappe and Haaland in la liga they are the the new shiny young superstars that can be sold. Messi is 34 years old if he was younger I could see La liga bend over backwards for him to sign the Barca deal but I don’t think Tebas wants him anymore
Agreed... From the outside looking in this all looks very stage managed now - the latest outburst about us and PSG only being able to sign Messi with financial doping was a classic setup for how one of the oil rich clubs have "stolen" Messi from poor old Barca...

Don’t see what has changed in a year for Messi to:

A) see barca as a place where he can compete at he highest level- he mentioned last summer he still had goals and big ambition to compete and mentioned balon d’or. Barca will certainly have a weaker side than last season where they finished 3rd and got dumped out of CL early

B) view PSG’s project as appealing- didn’t his dad say they weren’t interested in PSG’s project last summer?

Since last summer he hasn’t said much about his intentions. This next week might get interesting- whatever happens. Glad the thread wasn’t locked despite the calls from one or two oddballs
to me it looks like as though his priorities have changed since last year, looks like hes more focused on family over sporting projects, and if its true that hes already agreed a new deal with barca then it fits, and imo theres nothing wrong with that

I understand that Barca have to reduce their wage bill to comply with the La Liga rules but what happens to them if they fail to do so? Surely they won't fine a financially crippled club?

Also, I assume that the revised overall wage bill is based on last years turn over, so lets say they can not get Messi to sign up due to the wage cap then surely their turnover drops again next year and they are in an even worse position?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.