Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A tough one. Yes he's one off the world's best players but isn't cheap (Wages) and he's getting close to the end off his playing career so I probably wouldn't bother having him here.

To win trophies you need a team and not individuals.

His last mega payday in my opinion depends how he wants to go semi retirement with silly money or a challenge with sensible money ,he will never play for nothing not a chance .
Of course he will never play for nothing, would you work for nothing? That's pretty different to "following the money", like you said. If that were the case, he would have already signed the 1 billion offer from Arabia.

Messi won't follow the money, he wants to remain competitive 'till Copa America 2024.

Of course he will never play for nothing, would you work for nothing? That's pretty different to "following the money", like you said. If that were the case, he would have already signed the 1 billion offer from Arabia.

Messi won't follow the money, he wants to remain competitive 'till Copa America 2024.
We will see ! He hasn`t said anything regarding where ,my moneys on money Saudi then Merica .

I saw brief highlights of a Ronaldo interview where he said he was happy & settled in Saudi & "Really excited about the league's plans for the next FIVE YEARS!"

How long's he planning on playing on for? Actually, I can see hundreds of millions of reasons why.

If Messi rocks up in Saudi, their league will become like a freak show...
It'll be similar to that Chinese super league about 10 years ago when every top player past his best went there for silly money. Is that league even going now? I have no idea. No other league outside of england has ever interested me, and it never will, regardless who ever plays in that league.

It'll be similar to that Chinese super league about 10 years ago when every top player past his best went there for silly money. Is that league even going now? I have no idea. No other league outside of england has ever interested me, and it never will, regardless who ever plays in that league.
The league's still going, but I think it took a hit when the Chinese government insisted on more grassroots involvement to develop Chinese players, whilst also placing limitations on transfer fees & wages.

No stupid money, no big name, past their best foreign superstars.

Would you bet on that? I hope you are right of course, and I'd very much like to see him stay in Europe. But I think he will follow the money, unfortunately. Just like Ronaldo did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.