Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
totallywired said:
travelman said:
I can't see him leaving Barcelona until the summer, as surely he would still want a crack at winning the champions league this year.
Hows he going to do that when we knock em out?

Fair point but people of his quality are bred on a belief of winning always, so I am sure he would want to take his chance there. Although being part of the first English team to do the clean sweep might also entice him, even he cant play for us in the champions league ;)

bowdonblue said:
And then this - https://twitter.com/paulbreenturner/status/417620184145223680

@paulbreenturner: Are u ready for MESSI? @mickquinn1089 Image row final straw, EPL get ready 4 the worlds gratest player, happy new year, PBTunder a palm tree

-- Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:53 pm --

Kompany is King said:
bowdonblue said:
Paul Breen Turner just tweeted that Messi in fallout over image rights, and he can see him leaving. Who knows, but ... :)

https://twitter.com/paulbreenturner/status/417600679587225600

January or summer?

Don't know mate, but from what others have said we were planning to bid in summer anyway.
He's also just tweeted that he's a good bet for Utd, Chavs, Arse or City but thinks City have to be fav's
I'll believe it when I see it!

Think for Barcelona, Messi is a player they could not put a price on, if they could then he isn't worth all that much to them. He is capable of winning big games on his own and he no doubt brings them in more money than his transfer would be worth. Unless the player wanted to leave, there is no way in hell they would sell for any amount of money. There are a lot of things going on at Barcelona and they aren't exactly rolling in cash, it would still though take a lot for them to part with their best player, I think we'd almost certainly lose Aguero because to them the money won't be as important as having a player who can win them games.

If we managed to keep Aguero and just part with cash, then that frontline of Silva, Aguero, Messi etc would be borderline unfair to other teams!

inbetween said:
Think for Barcelona, Messi is a player they could not put a price on, if they could then he isn't worth all that much to them. He is capable of winning big games on his own and he no doubt brings them in more money than his transfer would be worth. Unless the player wanted to leave, there is no way in hell they would sell for any amount of money. There are a lot of things going on at Barcelona and they aren't exactly rolling in cash, it would still though take a lot for them to part with their best player, I think we'd almost certainly lose Aguero because to them the money won't be as important as having a player who can win them games.

If we managed to keep Aguero and just part with cash, then that frontline of Silva, Aguero, Messi etc would be borderline unfair to other teams!

Aguero's dad has done an interview with mundo deportivo and told them aguero is going nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.